Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a rotary rake in my area for $1200, but I’m not familiar with the brand. Zetor. Looks like it’s Czech made. Good reputation?? Anyone out there use their rotary rakes? Thanks for enduring all my questions, lately. chris

·
5,710 Posts
Here in eastern Canada there would be problems getting parts.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I found a rotary rake in my area for $1200, but I’m not familiar with the brand. Zetor. Looks like it’s Czech made. Good reputation?? Anyone out there use their rotary rakes? Thanks for enduring all my questions, lately. chris
The Czechs have always made good machinery, they made a foray into North America decades ago, but they were burdened by all the communist apparatchiks and pulled out.
If in good conditions I'd take a flyer on it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
i couldnt find any info on a Zetor rake online....so parts certainly could be very difficult if it has issues.....i am guessing he will have a hard time selling it and so would the buyer if he ever choose to sell it later.....so i would probably start my negotiations at about half the asking price and go up from there unless you can verify a supplier of parts...i sure would not want to buy one that needed parts before i could use it .......in contex we have a local guy with a very very nice Zetor tractor that has been trying to sell it for 3 years without a buyer

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, I talked to a rep in Jacksonville. They have parts for tractors there, but I’d have to get parts for this old baler from the Czech Republic.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I consider myself to be something of a connoisseur of marginal equipment, but I would nevertheless run away from that machine without a second thought.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts