Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the ok from my Bermuda grass founder to use 24d and or MSMA on my newly planted Bermuda grass field.I have Trumpet Creepers (can't control them with MSMA or 24D),Nut Grass,crabgrass,johnson grass,pig weed,sicklepod.I have a tremendous amount of Milk Spurge.He said i could use 3 pints MSMA,2 pints Amine 24D i don't have any cotton within 3 miles but i do have some young soybeans no-tilled behind wheat about a 100 yds. from my Bermuda field.Will the MSMA take care of all the weeds i have listed the spurge in particular.Would you use surfactant?I need to buy a wick bar for my 4wheeler or UTV to wipe Trumpet Creepers with Round Up.

·
10,011 Posts
Who told you to use that msma? Wth is the founder? Not sure I'm familiar with that person....maybe its a matter of title...not sure, but once again I say leave the msma alone, buy yourself some Pastora.

·
Hay Master
470 Posts
I put MSMA on my pasture several years ago; 1% about 10 or so gal per acre. A couple of years later I put some cows on it. Was talking to the guy I bought the cows from and he said it had Arsenic in it. I looked at the label and sure nuf.

Guess I was lucky. I guess the distance between the application and the addition of cattle was enough to dilute it to the point that it wasn't harmful. Cows (heifers) and their sweetheart are doing excellent.

No more MSMA for me. It says on the container what it is intended for but doesn't tell you what not to do with it. If it did I missed it.

Mark

·
Registered
1 Posts
best thing on the market for Nut Grass is that truly take it out IS SEDGEHAMMER 1.3 OUNCE BOTLE MAKE 80 GALS 80 SPOONS CUT HANDLE TO MAKE IT FIX INSIDE BOTTLE. NOW IT $1.00 A GAL. $80

1 - 8 of 8 Posts