Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
downtownjr
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody looking at buying any new machinery or "new" Used Machinery this winter in preparation for next year?

I sold my old Allis Chalmers 7030 to get something that is a better fit for my use. It really was too big, although it was cheap good running horsepower. Looking hard at either a Case IH, New Holland, or maybe even a Kubota in the 80-95 hp range with a loader and MFWD. Also, sold the bar rake and going to switch to a rotary rake for next year. All will be used equipment, but should help me improve the operation a bit.

Probably have to hold off on a new round baler, but maybe I will be able to surprise myself and get a netwrap equipped round baler sometime soon. In my area netwrap balers are starting to sell more and twine balers are everywhere for sale. The used netwrap balers are a bit expensive, even used around here.

If I get back on track for more small squares, an accumulator will be on the list next year.

How about everyone else?

·
Registered
286 Posts
I'm gonna upgrade my tractor to a85-90 PTO hp, when I find a good deal on one. GOTTA find a good trailer to haul my equipment and hay. I've thought about looking for an inline square baler, but don't think I'll have the cash for that this year

·
Full of questionable knowledge.
5,220 Posts
I most likely am going to buy a Milstak large bale attachment for my NH 1089 hay stacker. But this is depending on how the snow pack in the Rocky Mountains that supplies our irrigation water turns out this winter. If it is way below average I won't buy anything because there won't be much hay to stack.

·
3,912 Posts
I upgraded last winter. Bought a new cab/4wd tractor last fall. Found an almost new Kuhn SR110 rake at auction and was able to afford it. Bought a new baler with net and a new disc mower over the winter.

I would have bought a good used baler but could not find one with net.
I am a tight wad and do not like to spend my money. I realized I am not getting any younger and waiting another 5 years to buy was not really helping any.
My latest realization is I need to sell some things. The bale wagon, Ford 8000, old dirt pan, bar rake and any other piece I seldom use.
I was raised by a depression era Dad who kept everything.
Sometimes you can have too much "stuff".

·
Hay Master
5,059 Posts
I usually buy over the winter. I am in the process of selling my IH 966 tractor and replacing it with a NH TS110. I asked the dealer if I could pay Jan. 2nd. for the TS110.

By doing it this way, I have a full year to sell the old equipment myself and get a price that I want. I am not under pressure to sell or take a lower price on a trade-in.

I am also selling my NH 1037 bale wagon.

Ralph

·
Hay Master
1,484 Posts
My latest realization is I need to sell some things. The bale wagon, Ford 8000, old dirt pan, bar rake and any other piece I seldom use.
I was raised by a depression era Dad who kept everything.
Sometimes you can have too much "stuff".
Is the Ford a cab tractor? looking for a 8600 if I could find one at the right price?

I am planning on just standing pat , will probably have to use the JD 4430 for cutting and baling next yr (if we get a rain next yr!) The 7700 was a little lacking on a 13ft discbine.
Yes my father was born in 1917 and he would always keep costs at a min...and I do mean minimum! Probably shook his head in disgust this past two years on the NICE equipment I purchased... love you dad Martin

·
Registered
258 Posts
Have a new 4 star tonutti tedder on the way. Also have a Ford 555 backhoe coming for farm, hay, whatever loader tractor. I'd like to jam a rotary rake or a cheap grain truck in yet but I don't know if that is going to happen.

·
Hay Master
965 Posts
Traded baler and rake last month and bought a JD 7920 for the baler. Will trade the 2008 1431 NH discbine before spring for something new. Its been a great year!

·
3,912 Posts
The Ford is open station/canopy. I wish it had a cab.

Is the Ford a cab tractor? looking for a 8600 if I could find one at the right price?

I am planning on just standing pat , will probably have to use the JD 4430 for cutting and baling next yr (if we get a rain next yr!) The 7700 was a little lacking on a 13ft discbine.
Yes my father was born in 1917 and he would always keep costs at a min...and I do mean minimum! Probably shook his head in disgust this past two years on the NICE equipment I purchased... love you dad Martin

·
“Not a real farmer” farmer
10,991 Posts
New tractor 100-125HP with cab 4WD & loader as we speak.
Next will be a used discbine to supplement aging haybine.
Just picked up a Pequea 4 star last month.
Then I'm done for a little while, but I guess it never really ends.....

·
Hay Master (Supposedly)
3,977 Posts
Would like to trade the Vermeer WRX 12 for a WRX 16, but I don't think its gonna happen. Too many other things higher on the list.

·
5,880 Posts
Just bought a rake and JD348 baler. Winter will be going over them for next year. Would love to find an accumulator and grapple, not likely to happen though.

·
Hay Master
1,569 Posts
Was watching for an accumulator close & cheap, but my square buyer says he's not gonna need near the hay this season as last.
I do need, and have possibly found, a heaver gooseneck trailer to replace the one I bent the axles on.

·
Full of questionable knowledge.
5,220 Posts
went ahead and bought a new massey wr9770 swather. very nice machine. excited to get it out in the field next spring
Did you get one with auto steer? Those look like nice machines. I wonder if they are quieter then the last model. Our swather and the 3 others like it around here you can hear running 1-2 miles away.

·
101 Posts
Yes, we did get it with autosteer. It doesnt seem to be too loud. I am very impressed with it. everything is just alot beefier on it. they really improved upon the previous model. that is one thing that we really like about massey. they have been trying to improve the swathers constantly. We were very disappointed with the deere unit. it hasnt really changed since the 4990 unit that came out quite a while ago.

·
MrBaleMan
325 Posts
I feel like we are giving our confessions! haha. I bought a new 10 wheel Hi-capacity rake. I recently picked up my new NH T6050. It has to go back next week to get the 3rd functioned added to it. I demo'd a new rotary rake that Rhino is trying to come out with. When it was shipped to me, I planned on buying it. But after running it, it didnt work for what I wanted to use it for. So I'm thinking about buying a teder now. I wasnt raised to buy lots of new equipment but I think I turned the tables on that one a few years ago after adding up my repair bills and down time costs. From now on, its going to be trading in equipment every couple of years to stay (fingers crossed) a head of the big repair bills.

·
489 Posts
I'm looking to purchase a used tractor, around 75 HP with loader, 2WD. My only experience is with JD,, although I used my father in law Case over one summer. Any suggestions on other make and models you found reliable.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.