Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Try viewing these for a bit of fun on your cold indoors days

Why do we need to go and buy ramps to load and unload equipment, and they are hard to store :D

And there is more than one way <_<

And some do it sideways with a few reminders from the audience

And this guy does it on his own, lucky the front wheels could drive the tractor back!

Hands of iron, nerves of steel and an unshakeable faith in the train driver and the hydraulic lines :rolleyes:

The first time he tried that, I bet the rear valve was tense :wub:

This one needs more practice but what about the catcher guy? :eek:

Hydraulics make it easier :D

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is only a matter of time and a hydraulic line will blow or a fitting part company and then everything comes down with a thump :angry:

The sudden letdown can be overcome if fuses are fitted to the rams, but have rarely seen them. The fuses lock up if there is a hydraulic oil flow greater than the pre-set maximum. Can be a nuisance when using the machine to its limit for fast lowering of the bucket.

Nice party trick but I would prefer a set of ramps.. Although I have nearly dropped a tractor fork-lift sideways off a set of ramps when the ramps were wet and there was a side slope. Brought my thinking into line with the idea of only loading/unloading the forklift with level ground or fore or aft slope, no side slope. :)

Another time using the same steel ramps and loading a BTD6 bulldozer (almost identical to a TD6 but made in the UK) and one steel track slipped on the steel ramp and skewed the dozer sideways and the seat needed a cleaning so to speak.

Resolved then that safety should come first and second and third!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.