Hay & Forage Forum banner

Website Improvements

2K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  slowzuki 
#1 ·
This is a thread just for general tips or asks related to website format.

For me, one thing I've noticed is that you always have to dig into the sub forums.

It'd be nice to have a "New Posts" tab. This would show most recent posts seperate of forum. Right now you have to go into the various forums to see what guys are talking about.

#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Let me bring you up to date since your a newbie BisonMan.

We have not had a site functional software update in years......as in 7-8 years. Our software was not top drawer to begin with.

We were bought out by the Canadian firm Verticalscope a few years ago. They have no interest in this site other than as a means for selling advertising....which apparently has dwindled to nearly nothing. They are not interested in selling this site.

VS owns hundreds of small forums like us.....and use them all to sell advertising. We are all well aware of our many shortcomings as some members and mods have been members from the inception of haytalk or longer than 10 years.

This is our third owner, and by far the worst. You will adjust if you hang around long enough.

Sorry.

Regards, Mike

#4 ·
There is a "view new content" tab on right side of tabs

This is useing the desk top version,not the mobile version
+!

If you are forced to use the smart phone version, I switch it to 'Full Version' when possible (bottom of some screens).

Larry

#6 ·
My "view new content" tab inexplicably quit working a few days ago and hasn't worked since. Says there is "no new content". Have no idea why, I've checked settings, just don't see anything amiss but it doesn't work.
If I am in the Private Message area and click New Content, I get the same message. If I click it again it brings me to the new messages.

#7 ·
Let me bring you up to date since your a newbie BisonMan.

We have not had a site functional software update in years......as in 7-8 years. Our software was not top drawer to begin with.

We were bought out by the Canadian firm Verticalscope a few years ago. They have no interest in this site other than as a means for selling advertising....which apparently has dwindled to nearly nothing. They are not interested in selling this site.

VS owns hundreds of small forums like us.....and use them all to sell advertising. We are all well aware of our many shortcomings as some members and mods have been members from the inception of haytalk or longer than 10 years.

This is our third owner, and by far the worst. You will adjust if you hang around long enough.

Sorry.

Regards, Mike
Guess that is why I got no response from the contact us section!

#8 ·
My "view new content" tab inexplicably quit working a few days ago and hasn't worked since. Says there is "no new content". Have no idea why, I've checked settings, just don't see anything amiss but it doesn't work.
I have noticed the 'View New Content' button only works from the Chat or Forums tab. That said, it does do what the OP was asking for - on the full website only, not mobile as mentioned.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.