Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,106 Posts

Coupled with local NOAA and Weather Channel forecasts. It can be almost to much information at times but very incite full.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Wow, that's a tough one! Putting "weather forecast" and "accurate" in the same sentence seems oxymoronic. LOL! I use Accuweather and Weather Underground. I think the latter is the more accurate of the two, but that's a personal opinion.

·
Registered
314 Posts
My favorite is Weather Underground. I like the way it's presented, in a graphical format. I also find it to be a bit more accurate then the guys on TV.

·
Hay Master (Supposedly)
3,604 Posts
I use NOAA pretty much exclusively. If we are doing hay or other baling then I watch the hourly graph forecast closely. Things like winds speed and direction, humidity, cloud cover, etc. Learned to watch the rainfall amount forecast closely as well.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I check weather.com, accuweather, weatherbug, weatherunderground, and AWIS to get a consensus. I use AWIS especially for pan evaporation numbers to reference to a chart by HayWilson to determine how well the hay will dry.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I just google "my zip code, weather" the first 4-5 sites are all pretty good some update quicker than others but it gives you several to look at 10 days out

1 - 12 of 12 Posts