Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the cam track can get out of time in the rotor assembly on these ?
How is the cam track assembly held in place ? .
I know of a machine that has one rotor out of time . Have worked on other brands , but not a Vicon .
Looking at a parts break down I couldn't determine how it was held in place .
I believe it is the same as the new(er) Kubota rakes .

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Does anyone know if the cam track can get out of time in the rotor assembly on these ?
How is the cam track assembly held in place ? .
I know of a machine that has one rotor out of time . Have worked on other brands , but not a Vicon .
Looking at a parts break down I couldn't determine how it was held in place .
I believe it is the same as the new(er) Kubota rakes .
Vicon, Kubota and Kverneland are all the same rake.

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
I’ve been into my rotors multiple times and oddly I don’t recall how the track mounts. I have a junk one here and I’ll try to look tomorrow if it isn’t covered in snow.

does the rotor actually seem to function but just out of time, or is it more chaotic than that? Noisy? Any other details?

my rake was abused before I got it, and they definitely have some propensity for cracking parts, but they aren’t all bad and there are some things you can update if you’re looking at an earlier model.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’ve been into my rotors multiple times and oddly I don’t recall how the track mounts. I have a junk one here and I’ll try to look tomorrow if it isn’t covered in snow.

does the rotor actually seem to function but just out of time, or is it more chaotic than that? Noisy? Any other details?

my rake was abused before I got it, and they definitely have some propensity for cracking parts, but they aren’t all bad and there are some things you can update if you’re looking at an earlier model.
Yes it turns over just fine .Not noisy at all. Instead of being timed to release the crop to the side it would put it out front .Looking at a parts diagram it appears that the cam track is held in place by a key way . I should add this is not my rake . It is one I am looking at to buy . It looks to be in good shape other then this issue with the front rotor . Has had the rear frame welded at the steer cylinder . I currently have a center delivery Niemeyer that I have been into the rotors too many times !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts