Hay & Forage Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
An ounce of doing is worth a pound of talk
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
It would be nice to get it zeroed in, and have it with me when I go to the ranch to check my cows. Last year I seen a coyote, I grabbed my uncles gun, but didn't know he did not have the clip in it. The coyote got away. Although that was the only one I seen all year. He does have some prairie dogs at the ranch, I guess I could shot some of those.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
In these times you buy the ammo and then find the gun. You literally picked the hardest caliber to find without paying the gouged prices on a websites.

However since that's really no help I sent you a PM because I don't revel go to places for ammo trolls.

·
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
In these times you buy the ammo and then find the gun. You literally picked the hardest caliber to find without paying the gouged prices on a websites.

However since that's really no help I sent you a PM because I don't revel go to places for ammo trolls.
LMAO. Ya I guess so. From what I have seen at my local sporting goods store there is not much that can be found in ammo. I was surprised to see the shelves bare, even those for reloading. At some point I may get into reloading, that is if I shoot enough. I did a little reloading for my 30-06 when I was a teenager; used an uncles equipment, but I stopped because I was not shooting enough.

·
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Finally was able to find some ammo. One of the local gun shops finally got some in, so I bought some. Now I need to find somewhere site it in at. I might see if I can become a member of the rifle range in Shoshoni, it's not that far from me.

·
Super Moderator
15,799 Posts
Drove thru Shoshoni more than once. See if you can find a ballistics chart for your specific brand of ammo including your bullet weight on the internet. Probably want to zero at 200 yards. Note on a small piece of paper your bullet drop at 300 and 400 yards and tape it to the cheek side of your stock then you will be ready at most ranges. Good shooting.

Regards, Mike

21 - 27 of 27 Posts