Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Hoping to get more info on what kind of straps to use on dry vans. Anything would be helpful as far as chains, hooks, ropes, etc. Also brands or vendors would be ideal as well. We have been tying straps to the bottoms and pulling it out towards the back to unload, but as of lately our straps keep breaking or tarring, resulting in us to have to unload the 7 high stack by hand. Usually we load 3 ties into the vans.

·
junior idiot
314 Posts
We use straps made out of seatbelt material with loops sewn on the ends We pull 4000 pounds to the back of the vans with no problem. You can have 28 footers made and shipped for less than $5 each. I am guessing you would be pulling more like 147 bales? That might be a little more than what seat belt straps can handle. If you interested let me know and I can get you in contact with the people I buy them from.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea we usually pull 7 highs at a time(45ish bales) with the straps so around 4500 lbs. Right now I am willing to try anything so any contact info would be great.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,029 Posts
The place I used to work for would get bundles of cedar shiplap siding in van trailers, they had two pieces of 1/2 rod under each bundle with a eye on each one at the door end of the trailer then a piece of 3"x3" angle welded to the other end. Chain each eye to the forklift mast and pull em out far enough to get another forklift under the bundles from the side. Were 20-25' long bundles stacked 3 high and would have two wide for a total of 12 bundles of wood in either a 48' or 53' van trailer.

·
junior idiot
314 Posts
Contact D&C Distributing in ellensberg, WA. They call them pull straps and are made to order. You just need to tell them what length you want.
509-968-3307

·
haystaxwest.com
244 Posts
Kings River Ranch in Northern Nevada? How did you get stuck on the bad end of the vans - the unloading part? I think I've seen your YouTube vids of pushing them in with the squeeze. Are you delivering to customers as well?

One of our customers ships boxes of straps UPS and we wrap around the bottom tier. I think they must be same material as hallshay mentioned. Never had a complaint on them breaking on his end. PITA always having enough straps on hand when unexpected vans show up

I cringe every time u load a van thinking about the poor suckers on the other end.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kings River Ranch in Northern Nevada? How did you get stuck on the bad end of the vans - the unloading part? I think I've seen your YouTube vids of pushing them in with the squeeze. Are you delivering to customers as well?

One of our customers ships boxes of straps UPS and we wrap around the bottom tier. I think they must be same material as hallshay mentioned. Never had a complaint on them breaking on his end. PITA always having enough straps on hand when unexpected vans show up

I cringe every time u load a van thinking about the poor suckers on the other end.
Not us our customers keep saying those same straps keep breaking. Resulting in them to have to hand unload. Not sure what the life span on those are. Regardless it'd be best to get some new ones in and keep a hefty stock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts