Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm about to purchase a twin rotary rake have quotes on krone 710 twin and ts620 t also a sip 600
My questions are has anyone owned a sip before if so is it compareable to krone ,price is 1/4 less
My main sticking point is which is best suited to me .. My fields have solidset irrigation sprinklers every 28 yards they can be undulating fields and some sloping and small so I'm wondering which model is more manuverable and will handle the weaving better and the 2 rotors working on uneven levels ; should I go with the rake with main frame or the non sub frame ? . I have been raking with a potenger 3.5 and wouldn't be adverse to buying a twin one in that brand as well ( small rake does seem flimsy though ) . I can't get over enough ground with the small rake before the alfalfa starts to get to dry and shatter ,some days I may only get 2 1/2 hours from being to wet with dew to to dry by 9 am

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Till Knud from Denmark mentioned it to me I had never heard of SIP. After looking into it I was impressed with what I saw online. They seem to have copied a lot of ideas from Pottinger (good) and the construction looks rugged. I never knew the price, but to me 25% less than Krone seem a bit expensive considering parts availability, resale and reputation. IMO it ought to be 40-50% cheaper.Having said that if you do decide for it get double wheels and a front contour wheel. I like the Pottinger the best, but don't know the price. I like full frame rakes, but if you have to lift every 28 yards to go over irrigation pipes then a non frame one may be more suitable. The 600 looks very manuverable for what it is though not as much as a single rotor. What's the price difference for the 2 rotor Pottinger compared to SIP & Krone?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The irrigation is under ground just has a riser every 28 yards so it's only a swerve but it dictates which way I go on first rake as need to pull away from risers so 3 or 6 yard not a biggie just needs to b nimble

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
At that price I'd go with Pottinger, I really like them. Considering that SIP has less labour cost less material cost and doesn't have the same reputation nor dealer network and a lower resale value in IMO it ought to be $20K or below to be attractive to me, but each of us has different parameters. The Pottinger, by what I've seen is very nimble and I don't think you'll have problems makink small corrections in the field. I can see how things your way are nore expensive, shipping alone must be a packet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.