Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So back when i was about 3 foot shorter and living under a rock, my grandpa bought a super m farmall with a f25 farmhand loader it had a truck frame under it with the truck steer axle under it. The setup was nice for us cab, heat and power steering.

What I want to know is what was the conversation called?

Grandpa is passed and I am in the works of getting it up and running again.
Figured this was done in areas where loose hay was still put up in the 70's to 2000's!

Just curious about these conversations, educate me!

·
Registered
3,982 Posts

·
5,741 Posts
If you search hay sweep, beaver slide, loose hay, reversed tractors and terms like that you'll find a ton of videos and pictures of reversed trucks and tractors with various types of loaders mounted on them.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When I figure out how to upload pictures I will, but it's just a tractor bolted to a truck frame, buddy said a cockshuck conversion but he said it's not the right name

·
Registered
298 Posts
Farmer 97,

That is the best conversion I have ever seen!! The whole frame and to have front suspension then? That would have been fabulous to run! I have some hours on a few F25 farmhand loaders. My grand father redid 2 of them, made them out of heavier iron, and we still have. Mounted on Ford 5000 tractors. And I am guessing that has the single loader handle, the joy stick of today's loaders?

We put up loose hay till the mid ninties, then switched to round bales. Ours had 14 ft hay baskets. The M international was a great farmhand tractor because they were big and somewhat heavy for the time. I would have to guess that wasn't a conversion, rather someone pissed about breaking spindles and wanted to make it better. Somewhere on the axle might be a Ford, Gm, or Dodge markings?

Get it running for sure, I would swing down to test drive it!

Reactions: IHCman

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Farmer 97,

That is the best conversion I have ever seen!! The whole frame and to have front suspension then? That would have been fabulous to run! I have some hours on a few F25 farmhand loaders. My grand father redid 2 of them, made them out of heavier iron, and we still have. Mounted on Ford 5000 tractors. And I am guessing that has the single loader handle, the joy stick of today's loaders?

We put up loose hay till the mid ninties, then switched to round bales. Ours had 14 ft hay baskets. The M international was a great farmhand tractor because they were big and somewhat heavy for the time. I would have to guess that wasn't a conversion, rather someone pissed about breaking spindles and wanted to make it better. Somewhere on the axle might be a Ford, Gm, or Dodge markings?

Get it running for sure, I would swing down to test drive it!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I can't remember where we got this, but whoever did it, did it so you can take the truck frame out and put it under another farmall. It's got 3 levers, but I've seen one of them single handle deals. I'm thinking of going back to loose stacking on the home place other then a couple hundred buckle bunny bales!

Thinking of making a front end only for my m farmall, hate hitting badger holes!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here in South Dakota we called that a "truck front end" you would see a lot of old Farmalls with this conversion, all farmer made.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Farm Show magazine has a lot of farmer engineered things like that. They have it all on the web, cause people put links to such things.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts