Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the Sunbelt expo last week to investigate the acursion. It is truly an awesome machine with simple parts and adjustments. I have located one not to far away reasonably priced. My Bale Bandit 100 has served me well and I would really like to see it go to a good home. I am hoping the arcusin will speed up my straw baling by allowing me to run both balers instead of just one hooked to the bandit. It is a lot like my old bale wagons meaning mostly mechanical a blade trips a lever and the next step happens. It can tie 6,8,10,12,or 14 bale bundles that's pretty cool if you need it. Any thoughts or opinions are welcome going to think on it a few days. To many zeros in price not too.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the insights. It is still funny to me how even as far away geographically speaking as we are we all watch the same YouTube videos and think the same things about them. The bandit works good for me in grass it's usually just me so not real high daily numbers. But I managed to bale and sell about 7000 bales of oat straw and could have easily sold twice as much if I had them. Since I already have 2 good balers and can get help a few days here and there I was thinking the arcusin should more than double straw production. I have never ran out of straw on the ground the cotton planters always catch me so I have to get out of there way. Mostly they just burn the rest. On a side note anyone thinking about buying a bandit I know where a good one might be for sale.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Around 80k for a new acursion, over 120k for a new baron. Biggest differences I see are the acursion can keep up with 3 balers while being pulled by a small tractor, I would think the big red baron would require a lot more tractor to handle it. From what I got from the baron salesman they are similarly priced till up go to adding either pto hydraulic power or the Cadillac version that has it's on motor. I am not interested in changing from what I have if it still has to be a big tractor with at least 25gpm of hydraulics hooked to it.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I hear you on the service. I have a very good baron dealer about 3 hours away, arcusin is about the same just in a different direction. Another plus for the acursion is that dealer is Atlantic Southern and they have a store in Dothan only about an hour away. Since there stores in Tifton and North Carolina are stocking parts it shouldn't be to hard to get what's needed. I spent a couple of hours going over the d14 all wear parts I saw could easily fit in a 5 gallon bucket can't say the same about my bandit or the king Baron.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The way it was explained to me was "dad starts bundling when he gets to the field and we stack, load, and haul till lunch then the balers start again he usually catches up about that time ". I took it as 1 can bundle for 3 inlines but not bale for bale. More like day for day if that makes any sense. Which by my figures is more hay in bundles on the ground in a day than I can dream of doing with my bandit hooked to a baler.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well not sure if I will trade or not. I am happy with everything except their offer for my bandit. Might be wrong (have been before) but I figured it was worth close to 20k at least north of 15.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I would rather sell it outright then I knew a farmer was going to get it not a salesman that didn't even have a clue how to make it work and it just end up scrapped.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks, I will definitely update when I get to run it some. I have about 40 acres of CRP grassland that I have to cut those pictures might scare some of you that haven't seen 6' tall broomstraw, a 12' swath of it is more than 2 big combine passes raked together.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Well I finally got to run it today. I cut a few acres then raked it and baled, crossed my fingers and went at it. That thing is awesome with no training other than farming insider videos I had 33 neat 14 bale bundles on the ground in less than an hour. Not sure how much faster it will be but it seemed like I was off the tractor looking and checking more than in the seat. Very simple to use only problem I have with it is the first bale goes in 90* from the way it's supposed to be. My guess is the straw is light and strings are tight which rolls the bale up on its side. I will try to get some pictures tomorrow

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Thanks that is the best explanation of the string routing I have seen. I didn't get to run it today had to plumb up the grapple and work on the baler a bit well actually the had to install my creeper transmission in my 8050 allis chalmers. The straw was to good for its first gear so had to swap to 1000 PTO and run engine about 1300 rpm that slowed it from 1.9 to .8 no more shear bolts changed today😉

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Well I have ran about 2500 squares of broom sage and another 8000 of oat straw behind a combine. It worked flawless until I was about 2000 into the straw then it just flipped out started doing all kind of stuff like moving when no bales were in place to move. I talked with the service tech and within 15 minutes and a simple reset I was back in business. Sadly though about 4000 bales later it started acting out again and resetting didn't help. Arcusin overnighted me a new motherboard which is still in my shop waiting to be installed. The last 2000 and change were already on the ground and I was getting caught by the planters so I thought fast and rigged up a seat and rode along working the leavers manually. Needless to say my help had lot of fun saying I looked like I was playing a big kid video game. At least I can say I picked up 2200 bales in 1 afternoon using only my fingers. 😉 I plan on using it next week I will try to get some pictures that is if the motherboard fixes the problem.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I changed out the board today and fired it up and everything worked like its supposed to. Still have no idea what could have happened I checked every inch of wiring and all connections when it quit it literally had only been shut down for about 5 minutes while I dealt with a customer. That night I drove 4 hours to meet the arcusin rep and try a different monitor. Next day found out that wasn't it so they overnighted the board.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I have 2 different squeeze attachments. 1 is the one bale Barron sells the other is Titan brand.also have a steffen systems grapple I haul them turned 90* to the trailer. The 2 cotton wagon's have 504 bales each and the little gooseneck has 210.
Wheel Plant Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wood
Tire Plant Wheel Automotive tire Wood
Tire Bicycle tire Motor vehicle Bumper Wood
Road surface Building Asphalt Window Tints and shades

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I haul 588 small squares and the titan squeeze with my 48' semi trailer if the customer has a skid steer it's a breeze to unload, about 20 minutes or so.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts