Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I went to the Sunbelt expo last week to investigate the acursion. It is truly an awesome machine with simple parts and adjustments. I have located one not to far away reasonably priced. My Bale Bandit 100 has served me well and I would really like to see it go to a good home. I am hoping the arcusin will speed up my straw baling by allowing me to run both balers instead of just one hooked to the bandit. It is a lot like my old bale wagons meaning mostly mechanical a blade trips a lever and the next step happens. It can tie 6,8,10,12,or 14 bale bundles that's pretty cool if you need it. Any thoughts or opinions are welcome going to think on it a few days. To many zeros in price not too.
Acursin makes excellent products, I like the D14 for its mechanical simplicity also quite forgiving in bale length. Also the footprint is smaller easier to store.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
There's a youtube channel called Farming Insider, maybe check them out. They are a very large operation and run several arcusins on their operation (they'll do 10k bales/day). They seem to like them a lot.
I watch him as he uses whatever implement/tractor is best for and is not married to any one colour. Very informative.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
So I read this with a lot of interest. I too look at the acursin in videos and thought it looked like a very interesting buy. When I started to research I couldn’t really find anyone even close to my area of Canada that sold one. When I started looking at prices on line of new and used I couldn’t believe how pricey they were. We ended up going with a bale baron which is made in Ontario ( was just at the factory yesterday). I think support for parts is a big deal. What is the price difference in the two machines in the states.
I thought those would be great for a smaller operation.
The Baron is a very good machine, but IMO Arcusin is better for these reasons: Much simpler technology, Much more forgiving in bale size, Requires less HP, has a Smaller footprint and also I think it's faster. Of course if no service where one is that would certainly be a bummer! Now for the record I have neither. :eek::cry:

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Thanks that is the best explanation of the string routing I have seen. I didn't get to run it today had to plumb up the grapple and work on the baler a bit well actually the had to install my creeper transmission in my 8050 allis chalmers. The straw was to good for its first gear so had to swap to 1000 PTO and run engine about 1300 rpm that slowed it from 1.9 to .8 no more shear bolts changed today😉
It's a good time when one gets to play with a new toy!!!;)

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Thanks that is the best explanation of the string routing I have seen. I didn't get to run it today had to plumb up the grapple and work on the baler a bit well actually the had to install my creeper transmission in my 8050 allis chalmers. The straw was to good for its first gear so had to swap to 1000 PTO and run engine about 1300 rpm that slowed it from 1.9 to .8 no more shear bolts changed today😉
Hi Jor, did you get a chance to run your D14 with hay?
if so let us know how it performed.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Well I have ran about 2500 squares of broom sage and another 8000 of oat straw behind a combine. It worked flawless until I was about 2000 into the straw then it just flipped out started doing all kind of stuff like moving when no bales were in place to move. I talked with the service tech and within 15 minutes and a simple reset I was back in business. Sadly though about 4000 bales later it started acting out again and resetting didn't help. Arcusin overnighted me a new motherboard which is still in my shop waiting to be installed. The last 2000 and change were already on the ground and I was getting caught by the planters so I thought fast and rigged up a seat and rode along working the leavers manually. Needless to say my help had lot of fun saying I looked like I was playing a big kid video game. At least I can say I picked up 2200 bales in 1 afternoon using only my fingers. 😉 I plan on using it next week I will try to get some pictures that is if the motherboard fixes the problem.
Sorry to hear about your troubles, may be just teething problems, but at least it looks like Arcusin helped you quickly, electronics are our bane! Let us know how it pans out, BEST of luck!

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I changed out the board today and fired it up and everything worked like its supposed to. Still have no idea what could have happened I checked every inch of wiring and all connections when it quit it literally had only been shut down for about 5 minutes while I dealt with a customer. That night I drove 4 hours to meet the arcusin rep and try a different monitor. Next day found out that wasn't it so they overnighted the board.
GREAT News Jor! may it continue so and it looks like Arcusin really gave you good service.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts