Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Hay Master
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.... but yet, data indicates that there are more than SIX MILLION people with active social security numbers aged 112 or more.

Fraud. Identity theft. Illegal aliens with bogus numbers. People who passed away but the relatives somehow keep cashing the checks. The possibilities are endless. One thing is certain, this is indicative of a negligent, incompetent bureaucracy.

http://www.nbcnews.com/watch/cnbc/age-old-social-security-fraud-413949507697?mkt_tok=3RkMMJWWfF9wsRonvavBZKXonjHpfsXx6OsoWbHr08Yy0EZ5VunJEUWy2oMATdQ%2FcOedCQkZHblFnVgJSq29RawNr6IE

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
That is just more Proof the government could screw up a 1 car funeral , IDIOTS IDIOTS. and more IDIOTS . and now they are in charge of our medical records with NoObama care ? I feel safe how about you ?? :angry:

·
Super Moderator
8,704 Posts
It's like they don't want to fix fraud.How hard could it be to check on everyone over 112.Heck if there's that many over 112 I wonder how many over 100?

You are penalized with taxes for working hard.Work hard and pay taxes so others can live off the system and fraud.when there are some that can't even get the help that could use it.

·
Super Moderator
11,033 Posts
You are penalized with taxes for working hard.Work hard and pay taxes so others can live off the system and fraud.when there are some that can't even get the help that could use it.
Been there and done that.

The wife lost her good job as a line supervisor at a local factory basically because she refused to take classes on her own time to learn spanish so she could communicate wit the new workers, that wasn't the official reason of course but it didn't take six weeks for em to find a reason to get rid of her, along with that went her insurance. Given her past medical history even if I had hit the lottery I couldn't buy health insurance for her.

The she had the first episode of A FIB with her heart and ended up in the hospital, applied for medicaid and didn't qualify soon as they found out we each had our own vehicle, even though one was a 15 year old pickup I drove and hers was a 12 year old Plymouth Acclaim her Dad gave her, funny thing was when we went to the office where you apply for medicaid we were surrounded by new Cadillacs, Lincolns, and other SUV's. Also didn't qualify for HIP (Healthy Indiana Plan) for much the same reason. So worked with the hospital on that and made payments.

When her open heart surgery came along two years after that, the social worker at St. Vincents in Indianapolis took all our paper work, taxes and what not and filled the app out herself and got the wife on Medicaid, I'm not sure if the requirements had changed in those two years or if I was just too honest when filling the paperwork out the first time.

Reactions: Vol

·
Super Moderator
8,704 Posts
A friend was just telling me that his wife was denied disability.she is stage 3 cancer.She had brain cancer 11 yrs ago and after the treatment she lost some brain activity and very forgetful.She held a job for most of those 11 yrs as her supervisor gave her jobs she could handle.She got a new supervised and was layed off.Then her cancer returned and had another operation.Complications from surgery and now her attention span is null.She will forget what she is talking about mid sentence.She can't be left alone very long her balance is very bad and has fallen and can't get up.

So someone like this can't get disability and you see some deadbeats drawing disability,welfare,etc it sure burns my ass.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Have some very good friends just the exact same situation as Swmnhay was talking about she is having some very bad days. he worked for the DNR and had to leave his job after 23 yrs to help with her, that State dropped their health insurance and the NoObama Care won't except them because he give up his employment. now they been told that they will be fined for no insurance. WTF another lie from our worthless leader

·
Super Moderator
11,033 Posts
Yep, not a single doctor from the wife's cardiac incident in 2008 that put her in the hospital and got her a AICD implanted in the progress has ever released her for work, not a single one, yet took two years and a lawyer to get her disability as she was denied the first time which from what I hear is standard operating procedure. They hope you either give up and go away or die.

The number of people applying for disability was huge when we were dealing with the system. Social Security sent her to see three different doctors, everyone one of them said something along the lines of "you really are sick".

Reactions: snowball

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
you summed it up milappin. they want you to give up or die. They try to make it so hard that you say F it and give up they don't work for us . and they really don't work for the Government either because most of them try to bleed the government knowing that is almost impossible for them to get fired. It burns my @ss the way they operate

·
Super Moderator
8,704 Posts
The whole SS system is a joke if you invested your own money you would be much better off.I know many people that have pd in their entire life and to pass away before they drew a dime out.Yes there is some situations where someone needs the help but I wonder how many claims are legitament compared to the ones that aren't.

·
Super Moderator
11,033 Posts
So someone like this can't get disability and you see some deadbeats drawing disability,welfare,etc it sure burns my ass.
And of course those deadbeats on disability have no problems hooking their new bass boat up by themselves or handling their new Harleys at a stop light.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Ex wife applied for WIC and food stamps when we had our first kid. Told her not but she did anyway, as long as we can eat and pay our bills then we are doing just fine. I agree that there are times and there are people that need it but I was not one of them. If I can't pay my way must be doing something wrong.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.