Hay & Forage Forum banner
61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
An ounce of doing is worth a pound of talk
1,180 Posts
About three Weekends ago dad came down with covid; I ended up taking him into the ER, the following monday I and mom went and got tested. She tested positive, I tested negative, but I still ended up getting covid. I got mom and dad on Regeneron right away, but I don't qualify because I am to young and in fairly good health. The last couple weeks dad has been busy, and I don't think he understands why I am not feeling good, he forgets that that the Regeneron infusion made a real difference in how he feels. After suffering for a week I finally called the doctor and they got me on a steroid dexamethasone. I guess I am starting to feel a bit better, but I am still not where I am feeling better. It has not been any fun.

Mom and dad had got the shot, but I never did. I don't know if that made things any better or not.

If any of you guys get it, try to get on Regeneron right away, it is the same stuff that they have President Trump.

·
Registered
177 Posts
The last week in August it rained so I got my uncle started cutting in or crabgrass to get it ready for ryegrass I rode the cab tractor with him for 1/2 hour or so, since tractor was new to him. Next day he couldn't get out of bed to this day some 40 days later he is still on oxygen. He stayed home with it the doctors said he probably wouldn't have made it if he wasn't vaccinated. I still wonder if I gave it to him.

·
An ounce of doing is worth a pound of talk
1,180 Posts
The last week in August it rained so I got my uncle started cutting in or crabgrass to get it ready for ryegrass I rode the cab tractor with him for 1/2 hour or so, since tractor was new to him. Next day he couldn't get out of bed to this day some 40 days later he is still on oxygen. He stayed home with it the doctors said he probably wouldn't have made it if he wasn't vaccinated. I still wonder if I gave it to him.

It is hard to say. I think we picked it up when we went through the Military museum in Dubois on 9/11. I think they are having a lot of what they are calling break through infections with people that have been vaccinated.

The only thing that I can say is if anyone gets it, try to get on Regeneron, it seems to work, at least it did for mom and dad.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
It is hard to say. I think we picked it up when we went through the Military museum in Dubois on 9/11. I think they are having a lot of what they are calling break through infections with people that have been vaccinated.

The only thing that I can say is if anyone gets it, try to get on Regeneron, it seems to work, at least it did for mom and dad.
I think the thing that did more than anything for your parents was them being vaccinated to start with. That's already a built-in limit to the extent of severity of the infection. In the beginning, the vaccine was almost completely effective to the original Wuhan strain. Now that Delta variant accounts for over 90% of case in the US, the vaccine isn't as effective at preventing outright clinical disease and there are breakthrough cases. However, while people are now getting sick even if they've been vaccinated, it's still been very effective at keeping people from being hospitalized or dying. If you get Regeneron after the fact, that's just a bonus and can only help even more.

Now there is an application for approval for the first COVID anti-viral pill that you take. I think a course of treatment is 5 days and you take it if you have a diagnosis. In that study there was a 50% reduction in hospitalization or death in people in the treatment group vs the placebo.

All that being said, I did have a colleague who lost a parent to COVID and they were vaccinated, but had several immune suppressing conditions. Their funeral was today.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts