Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 9 of 12 Posts

·
10,015 Posts
Ok....I liked the title the way it was, how come it got changed? Big Brother???? If so, it may be the nail in the coffin for this cat....

·
10,015 Posts
One thing that may be of some help and comfort would be to get one of those fingertip oxygen meters....we monitored my wife's oxygen saturation every four hours. It's a lung crusher, so any preemptive strategy is in order...
I think I would choose ivermectin and vitamins given the choices available to us now. It may well disipate after a few days but keep an eye on that oxygen for a good 10 days. Don't be fooled into thinking you've got it licked early, take a week and see some progress. I stayed on the couch and self quarantined (back when it wasn't en vouge) and kept hydrated....felt better in about 5 days.
Hoping you have a speedy recovery!

·
10,015 Posts
Why the abusive language? That would draw a ban on most sites I've seen. That's also about the third reference I've seen about politics and all 3 times it was used as a slur to belittle me or someone else. Are you guys incapable of viewing your worlds without a political filter?
Don't worry about the GOAT. He is your friend!
Not sure what was so "abusive" but then again.....do we need to have a "safe space" where you can peddle your liberal political beliefs. In your little myopic world political filters are an annoyance, nothing more. And one final thing you should know.....I have quite a few friends, it's what life is all about....you aint one of them. So you can "unfriend" me anytime....

·
10,015 Posts
Why did they deserve it? They just reported on it.
It's a name, nothing more......but, they were a "neutral state" while our boys (some kin) were dying, so the fact they get labeled with the name is ok by me.....but, let's be honest, historical records were very lax in those days. There was a war going on and no commanding officer of any Armed Forces would want morale to slip in the face of adversity...hence the reason for the blackout and the reason for Spaniards to feel free to cover the virus. As a result, they received the moniker from lots of countries, after all, that's where the "unfiltered" news was coming from regarding this disease. But, it certainly could have originated in Spain, France, anywhere....I don't think they've definitively ever been able to find its origin, and I hope they don't as it matters not....

·
10,015 Posts
Yes, exponentially greater threat today. But we were sending 1000’s on boats and planes for the war effort and I’m sure that exacerbated the problem. Had it been not been for the war, I’m sure it would have been around for a while until “herd immunity” was reached. To the best of my knowledge that’s how the disease was eradicated. We didn’t have many drugs available at the time, penicillin wasn’t around until another 10 yrs or so, all we had was Asprin :eek:

·
10,015 Posts
Right around 0 people were sent on planes from the US for that particular war effort.
Everybody like a little.....but no one likes a smart....

You are correct, the troops were transported by boats during I.....I always said you were one of the smartest guys in the room. Silly me to get I and II mixed up in this feeble brain of mine.....

My apologies to all that may have been offended.

·
10,015 Posts
It was purty clear when they started attacking vessels with civilians on board.....Woodrow Wilson, IMO one of our worst presidents ever, a progressive. He really had no qualities that enabled him to become successful, it would be somewhat like Elizabeth Warren, the guy in there now :eek: today, except money would be the driving factor and you can bet the war monger in them would shine bright, nowadays it’s very easy, you just follow the money.

1 - 9 of 12 Posts