Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bale a lot of baleage and have a v rake that doesn't work very well in heavy material. I was wondering what everyone else was using and why? I am thinking of trading my v rake for a 9 or 12 ft merger. Or would a rotary rake work better?

·
Hay Master (Supposedly)
3,736 Posts
A Vermeer R23/2300/2800 will do the job well.

Reactions: stack em up

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I bale a lot of baleage and have a v rake that doesn't work very well in heavy material. I was wondering what everyone else was using and why? I am thinking of trading my v rake for a 9 or 12 ft merger. Or would a rotary rake work better?
don't try a merger... trust me .. The only place a merger works great is in front of a chopper...We bales alot of balage and all we use is a rotary rake .. a roll-a-bar rake just makes a rope out of your wet hay

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good advice guys! My fields are not rocky, and I believe a merger may make big bunches in front of the baler and I would probably have issues with plugging the baler. So I'm thinking about a twin rotary. Who makes them? I know Krone is one. Are they the best?

·
10,015 Posts
Good advice guys! My fields are not rocky, and I believe a merger may make big bunches in front of the baler and I would probably have issues with plugging the baler. So I'm thinking about a twin rotary. Who makes them? I know Krone is one. Are they the best?
Probably one of the best built for sure........plenty of manufactures tho.....claas, kuhn, krone, and others.....if there's a krone dealer in your area I would check them out, the kuhn is a good machine as well, claas is known for making good equipment, never seen one up close and personal but I would bet it's a good one.....

There are several more, just can't think of em right now......others will offer them up

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.