Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Amateur Dairyman
1,635 Posts
$100 an hour extra for twine or netwrap. Thats what i would do. We have a small time beef guy we bale for $9 for 4x5's with twine. Have to consider travel time also that means 100 per hour from the time the rig leaves the yard till the time it returns. That covers everything from fuel wear and tear and your wage. Could charge more. The way i look at it is i bust my a$$ to buy this equipment and keep it going for my own use plus i have to milk cows twice a day and have my own to do. Might as well make it pay or else sit at home i run a business not a charity organization. If they don't like it im sure there is a fool out there willing to do it at a loss

·
Amateur Dairyman
1,635 Posts
Gotta keep working at it to make it work and be successful. I bust my a** everyday running a dairy farm. No social life either the farm is my life. Girlfriend doesn't like that part but oh well wait till we start field work and crops again....i guess she'll get used to it or else. But to me its worth it i have a dream of where i want to be in the future and work everyday to get there. Just takes some time that's the problem with most young people our age they aren't patient. Nice thing about farming is every year you grow a bit more if managed properly.

I must say i don't miss one day of high school and it'll be 5 years this June since graduation. Come along way since then and learned alot more in the past 5 years than any of school. Always got to keep an open mind and apt to learning and you'll be successful

·
Amateur Dairyman
1,635 Posts
Lol griffin I got so sick of learning nothing at school I quit in grade 11 to get a head start on my farming career. Knew I all needed to know by then. :D
Lol well i didn't have any study halls most of high school and even did a few homeschool courses just so i could get my credits and be able to only go half a day instead of a full day my senior year so i could be home farming. Had a lot of jealous classmates.....plus i only did enough to get by and pass all my classes lol star student material haha

1 - 3 of 3 Posts