Hay & Forage Forum banner
761 - 780 of 788 Posts

·
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #761 ·
62 and sunny here in srn NH. Sunny, with a high near 83, forecast for today.

·
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #762 ·
62 and mostly sunny here in srn NH. Mostly sunny, with a high near 79, forecast for today.

·
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #763 ·
58 and mostly cloudy here in srn NH. Partly sunny, with a high near 78, forecast for today.

·
Gourmet Horse Hay Producer
3,200 Posts
I thought I was with Dorothy in Oklahoma this afternoon for 15 min. Sky was incredibly black, luckily in the direction going away from me. Still under tornado watch but the worst of the wave has passed through going east

·
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #765 ·
67 and mostly cloudy here in srn NH. A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon. Some of the storms could produce small hail and gusty winds. Mostly sunny, with a high near 87, forecast for today.

·
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #766 ·
62 and partly cloudy here in srn NH. A 20 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 68, forecast for today.

·
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #767 ·
51 and overcast here in srn NH. Showers likely, mainly before noon. Cloudy, with a high near 66, forecast for today.

·
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #768 ·
50 and sunny here in srn NH. Sunny, with a high near 76, forecast form today.

·
Hay Master (Supposedly)
3,926 Posts
"Sunny and hot, with a high near 99. Heat index values as high as 107. Breezy, with a south wind 15 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph."

Forecast for us today. 77 degrees at 15 minutes to 7 in the morning. Hoping to roll with the big square all day. Raking will be interesting with this wind.

·
Gourmet Horse Hay Producer
3,200 Posts
"Sunny and hot, with a high near 99. Heat index values as high as 107. Breezy, with a south wind 15 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph."

Forecast for us today. 77 degrees at 15 minutes to 7 in the morning. Hoping to roll with the big square all day. Raking will be interesting with this wind.
I was playing touch tag with my wife who was running the rake right in front of me the other day in similar conditions. Wind was so bad a couple of times that it blew the hay out of the rake curtain

·
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #771 ·
52 and mostly cloudy here in srn NH. Mostly sunny, with a high near 77, forecast for today.

·
Hay Master (Supposedly)
3,926 Posts
I was playing touch tag with my wife who was running the rake right in front of me the other day in similar conditions. Wind was so bad a couple of times that it blew the hay out of the rake curtain
We’ve tried playing tag with rake and baler before, and it doesn’t really help. 1) the hay is most vulnerable to blowing away just as it comes off the rake, and the baler can’t possibly be right there. 2) having the baler tractor right behind the rake amplifies the wind hitting the windrow between the rake and baler tractor, and under the baler tractor, and a windrow that freshly laid down is more vulnerable to blowing away than if it has lead for a few minutes and settled. The solution to wind and raking I think would be something like a canola roller. Someday I will make one . . .

·
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #773 ·
61 and overcast here in srn NH. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 71, forecast for today.

·
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #774 ·
61 and cloudy here in srn NH. A 20 percent chance of showers after 1pm. Patchy fog before 8am. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 79, forecast for today.

·
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #775 ·
60 and cloudy here in srn NH. A 20 percent chance of showers after 1pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 80, forecast for today.

·
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #776 ·
64 and sunny here in srn NH. Sunny and hot, with a high near 92, forecast for today.

·
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #777 ·
68 and sunny here in srn NH. Sunny and hot, with a high near 93, forecast for today.

·
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #778 ·
70 and mostly cloudy here in srn NH. Showers and thunderstorms likely, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 11am. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. High near 78, forecast for today.

·
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #779 ·
60 and mostly sunny here in srn NH. Mostly sunny, with a high near 80, forecast for today.

·
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #780 ·
60 and partly cloudy here in srn NH. Sunny, with a high near 84, forecast for today.

761 - 780 of 788 Posts