Hay & Forage Forum banner
281 - 300 of 355 Posts

·
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #281 ·
56 and overcast here in srn NH. Cloudy, with chance of showers, then gradual clearing with a high in mid 70s, forecast for today.

·
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #282 ·
55 and partly cloudy here in srn NH. Sunny, with a high in mid 80s, forecast for today.

·
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #283 ·
61 and mostly cloudy here in srn NH. Scattered showers/thumpers likely, with a high in low 70s, forecast for today.

·
Hay Master (Supposedly)
3,598 Posts
Just got a nice little sprinkle here. Not enough to reverse the drought that is developing but any amount of rain is a blessing.

·
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #285 ·
65 and mostly cloudy here in srn NH. Showers likely and thumpers possible, with a high in upper 70s, forecast for today.

·
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #288 ·
60 and mostly sunny here in srn NH. Sunny, with a high in mid 70s, forecast for today.

·
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #289 ·
52 and sunny here in srn NH. Sunny, with a high in mid 70s, forecast for today.

·
Gourmet Horse Hay Producer
2,895 Posts
Finally putting down our first dry hay. Looking like it’s going to be a challenging year
Lots of hay went down here yesterday. Unfortunately, due to the really dry april and early may, it was largely fired and the og seed is dropping from the heads. Glad mine has been made and sold and second is in turbo mode right now. Got 3 inches of rain this past weekend. first real rain in several months.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Lots of hay went down here yesterday. Unfortunately, due to the really dry april and early may, it was largely fired and the og seed is dropping from the heads. Glad mine has been made and sold and second is in turbo mode right now. Got 3 inches of rain this past weekend. first real rain in several months.
Looks like this is the last of dry hay weather for another week.

We started with rounds which I hate to do. Like to get a feel for the season doing squares and Timothy is just starting to show heads so plenty of moisture there. However, we lost a 12 acre field of new seeding due to heavy clover so it got wrapped. While doing it the Orchard grass field next to it looked like it was 3 weeks ahead of any of our other fields and these fields are round only due to distance and accessibility.

·
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #292 ·
60 and sunny here in srn NH. Increasing clouds, with a high in mid 80s, forecast for today.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Everything was going smooth today until the last load of first cut. At some point while loading I lost the key fob to the truck somewhere out here. $409 later I was able to get home. Before you ask, yes I looked, no I didn’t have a spare, it was the spare that I lost.
1F472B32-E508-470B-926B-5E0CB5646CD5.jpeg

·
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #295 ·
67 and mostly cloudy here in srn NH. Chance of showers/*thumpers this AM, then becoming mostly sunny with a high in upper 80s, forecast for today.

·
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #296 ·
Managed to get strings tied around 350 idiot cubes yesterday! :giggle: Best that piece has done in years! :cool:

·
Registered
771 Posts
Here in south west virginia it was 60 and brilliant Sun and no humidity wonderful hay weather 86 is going to be the high today calling for some shower's Monday and Tuesday.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I found it after unloading the hay this morning smh I even thought about taking the bales off but thought ‘no way I left it on the trailer’, you can bet I’ll unload next time.
5AEB8C60-B67C-4B5D-8F31-0D18ADADD95F.jpeg

·
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #299 ·
74 and partly sunny here in srn NH. Gradually becoming sunny, with a high in upper 80s, forecast for today.

·
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #300 ·
71 and mostly sunny here in srn NH. Mostly sunny and hot, with a high in low 90s, forecast for today.

281 - 300 of 355 Posts