Hay & Forage Forum banner

241 - 260 of 290 Posts

·
1,345 Posts
Well, I tied strings around the grasses yesterday afternoon! :huh:

Wasn't quite as dry as I would have liked, got my fingers crossed! :rolleyes:

165 idiot cubes on wagons and under cover! :cool:

Mowed Monday, tedded Tuesday & again Wednesday, raked Thursday afternoon, rolled windrows Friday AM and baled Friday afternoon!

There's a reason that not much dry hay is made around here in May! :rolleyes: :(

Reactions: Vol and HayMike

·
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #242 ·
72 and partly sunny here in srn NH. Mostly sunny, with high in upper 80s and chance of scattered showers/thumpers later, forecast for today.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
My daughter and I took the FAA part 107 drone test yesterday and managed to pass. There was a lot on it and a lot of it IMHO had nothing to do with drones, but we passed. It has been a lot of water pass under the bridge since I studied like I was taking a final exam - LOL! Being in old dog/new tricks territory didn't help...

But it's done and hope to start flying and posting a few drone videos from the farm soon.

Bill

·
Super Moderator
15,764 Posts
Well, I tied strings around the grasses yesterday afternoon! :huh:

Wasn't quite as dry as I would have liked, got my fingers crossed! :rolleyes:

165 idiot cubes on wagons and under cover! :cool:

Mowed Monday, tedded Tuesday & again Wednesday, raked Thursday afternoon, rolled windrows Friday AM and baled Friday afternoon!

There's a reason that not much dry hay is made around here in May! :rolleyes: :(
I mowed a 8 acre rectangle yesterday at 5:30 and today at 5:30 it could have been baled....without tedding. It has gotten very hot and very dry here. I am not going to complain one bit....at least not until sometime next week. I spent last week making a pretty good dent in the square and round baling. I could use one more week like last and I would be starting to grin. This has been the best haymaking weather here in years.

Regards, Mike

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I mowed a 8 acre rectangle yesterday at 5:30 and today at 5:30 it could have been baled....without tedding. It has gotten very hot and very dry here. I am not going to complain one bit....at least not until sometime next week. I spent last week making a pretty good dent in the square and round baling. I could use one more week like last and I would be starting to grin. This has been the best haymaking weather here in years.

Regards, Mike
Same here!

Shelia

·
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #246 ·
55 and mostly cloudy here in srn NH. Mostly sunny, with a high in low 70s, forecast for today.

·
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #247 ·
53 and mostly sunny here in srn NH. Mostly sunny, with a high near 80, forecast for today.

·
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #248 ·
70 and partly sunny here in srn NH. Mostly sunny and hot, with a high in low 90s, forecast for today.

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
The drought that weather guessers previously forecast for Texas this Spring/Summer has been postponed due the 20+ inches of rain recieved since the middle of April. When it rains it pours!!! I'm ready for a few weeks of sunshine!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Tx Jim I was thinking the same thing yesterday after watching it rain.....again. You know what they say about being a weather man, you can get it wrong most of the time and still keep your job! Must be nice. ;)

·
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #251 ·
69 and mostly sunny here in srn NH. Mostly sunny, with a high in upper 70s, forecast for today.

·
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #252 ·
53 and mostly cloudy here in srn NH. Mostly cloudy, with a high in mid 60s and a chance of rain late in day, forecast for today.

·
Super Moderator
8,703 Posts
38 this morning.Alfalfa is behind because of cool weather.Should be seeing blooms but it's pre bud yet.Finalygot 2.20 " of rain this week.We have no subsoil moisture.

A customer stopped yesterday and commented hay will be gold this winter.

·
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #254 ·
44 and light rain here in srn NH. Cloudy, with showers and a high around 50, forecast for today.

·
Registered
67 Posts
More rain again today in South Texas....this predicted drought is killing us! Can you put water wings on these John Deeres? :lol:

·
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #257 ·
It would seem that we're getting enough rain! :huh: My grasses are lodging! :eek:

Got fertilizer put down, for Rowen, yesterday, and rain overnight to incorporate it! :cool:

Now, I need a window to go after more 1st crop! :rolleyes:

·
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #259 ·
47 and overcast here in srn NH. Rain, with a high in low 50s and possible thumpers late, forecast for today.

·
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #260 ·
49 and light rain here in srn NH. Rain and thumpers likely early, then tapering off later, cloudy with a high around 60, forecast for today.

241 - 260 of 290 Posts