Hay & Forage Forum banner

1 - 20 of 281 Posts

·
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
15 and sunny here in srn NH. Sunny, with a high near 31, forecast for today.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Woke up to 51 and a southeast wind. For the first morning in 7 I look out and see no snow. Some neighbors are still fighting water issues with broken pipes and we are boiling our water but all water storage facilities are in full operation now. Sure feels good to get back to our normal weather again!

·
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for all the likes guys & gals!

My thought was this topic could replace the now gone shout box, following the same rules!

Mike, I don't know if you can pin this, or if you'd want to, but that would work for me!

Thanks all, Dave

Reactions: DSLinc1017

·
Hay Hoser
1,007 Posts
Pin it, please. Just got my power back. Lost it a week ago Friday night/ Saturday morning. Lots of tree damage.
Please! Pin it!!!

·
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
17 and overcast here in srn NH. Mixed rain and snow later, with a high near 37, forecast for today.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Shetland,

How many years has it been since you sold the big farm and downsized to one location? I remember it, but thinking back I bet its 5 years now...??

·
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited by Moderator)
You got it Mike! Actually just over 4 years ago! We closed on the sale of the NB property on Dec 30 2016!

Time flies when you're having fun! :D :p

Got our occupancy permit and took up residence here in April, 2017! :cool:

·
Super Moderator
15,764 Posts
Is anyone coming from the Shiner, TX area through Tennessee in the next foreseeable future. I would like to get some converging wheels for a green baler brought up and will gladly make it worth your aggravation and I will meet you where your path crosses across TN or nearby. These wheels would fit on a 4x4 pallet to give you and idea of what size I am taking about and they would be easily less than 2 feet tall. They can be hauled loose for convenience.

Regards, Mike

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
Mike

You should save yourself some aggravation when lowering/raising converging wheels & get a JD rd baler with mega-wide pickup. You'll wonder why you didn't get a baler with MWPU yrs ago!

Jim

·
Super Moderator
15,764 Posts
Mike

You should save yourself some aggravation when lowering/raising converging wheels & get a JD rd baler with mega-wide pickup. You'll wonder why you didn't get a baler with MWPU yrs ago!

Jim
I don't bale enough rounds or I would Jim....and I may do it in the foreseeable future just to have net wrap. The string baler I have works perfect but can be a bit aggravating about building the edge in short grass cuttings. If I had the Con wheels it would solve that problem and I would have a bit more jingle in my pockets. :)

Regards, Mike

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Can the seller palletize? I can get a pallet shipped from Kansas to Pa for around $190 bucks if its only 300-400 lbs.

Mike

·
Super Moderator
15,764 Posts
Can the seller palletize? I can get a pallet shipped from Kansas to Pa for around $190 bucks if its only 300-400 lbs.

Mike
Yes he can and will. It would weigh under 200 pounds including pallet I am pretty sure. I checked a couple of the standard freight companies and it seems they have recently sky rocketed.

Regards, Mike

·
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
31 and overcast here in srn NH. Cloudy with a slight chance of showers later, and a high in low 40s forecast for today.

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
If I had the Con wheels it would solve that problem and I would have a bit more jingle in my pockets. :)

Regards, Mike
Your descendants aren't going to put all your $$$$$ in a sack in your coffin when the good Lord decides your time on Earth is up :D IMHO if you ever utilize net you'll never desire to go back to twine. Plus it's nice to pull into a field move the scv lever to lower PU & start baling instead having to lower each converging wheel.

·
Super Moderator
8,703 Posts
Yes he can and will. It would weigh under 200 pounds including pallet I am pretty sure. I checked a couple of the standard freight companies and it seems they have recently sky rocketed.

Regards, Mike
Maybe you could ship in 2 boxes by Fed Ex package freight.Off the top of my head the weight limit is 120 lbs.They have a size limit also but I have shipped 1'x1' x 51" @100 lbs for about $70 1/2 way across the country,

They do have a cost estimator on their website.

·
Hay Hoser
1,007 Posts
Happy birthday Hay Mike!

·
Super Moderator
15,764 Posts
Your descendants aren't going to put all your $$$$$ in a sack in your coffin when the good Lord decides your time on Earth is up :D IMHO if you ever utilize net you'll never desire to go back to twine. Plus it's nice to pull into a field move the scv lever to lower PU & start baling instead having to lower each converging wheel.
It would not bother me one bit to get out of the tractor to lower the converging wheels. I don't mind the effort. And my two sons would prefer that I make all the money I can, while I can. I like the thought of being a good provider for my wife, sons, and grandchildren long after I have left this world.

And no doubt that I would prefer a net wrap over a twine baler. That twine baler has been paid for over 30 years. So, it actually is making me money right now instead of taking my money like a new one would be doing. And, I sell every single round bale that I make with no problems therefore a new one would not have any financial advantages. A new one would have a time saving advantage which I would like. My green baler is ultra simplistic and as about as low maintenance as they can possibly come. Like I said earlier, I don't bale enough rounds to make it a priority even with the advantages that do come with a net baler.

But if someone wanted to make be the beneficiary of one....... :cool:

Regards, Mike

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
But you're not taking into consideration the time saved utilizing net over twine so in same given time you could bale more bales with less fuel making even more $$$$$$$ not accounting for the depreciation deduction on income tax :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 281 Posts