Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a hay forum, but you guys seem to always have the answer's. I bought this disc late last year and only used it once on about 6 acres, so in preps for working on some ground in the coming weeks(I know I'm late, but better than never), I needed to replace a few discs on the front of my International 37/370. After getting it apart it seems there is going to be a little more to it than that.

The 2 front axles are pretty rounded, and one is bent fairly bent. I can get the axles from the dealer for $100 a pop, however the bearings seem to be a little more involved. taking it apart is looks as though they might have been replaced at one point in time? All I can find on agri supply is square holed bearings, or round hole bearings in the carrier. I can't seem to locate a square bearing with a carrier. Has anyone worked on anything this old/small? It is a 12' disc, but I am trying to source some parts elsewhere than $150/ea from International. I included a couple pictures, and also what I think I am after, only with it already in the carrier. The one I have doesn't seem to come apart and be able to be put back together with a new bearing...?

Thanks,

-Matt

Attachments

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I asked Jeff about International disk 37/370 and he said that is what we have. He understands about the $$$s. Jeff found some at an auction years ago so he might be able to get a number on it.

Bearing is all made together so have to buy whole thing.

He asked if you'd looked on A&I website; they might have it.

Also there is a good local bearing store here that has knowledgeable folks that might be of help.

Brooks Motor & Electric 270 678-1337 or 877 859-3015.

Talked with a friend a few days ago that messed up an IH disk and found parts in stock at a place called Joseph A. Wade Inc. 270 651-1090.

Can't say for sure but a good chance either of these places will ship.

Shelia

·
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys, I was on and off the phone with Shoup today a dozen times. Think I got everything I needed ordered and the free shipping was a plus! Now if only there was a deal to be had on a complete set of new notched discs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.