Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a New Holland Prorotor 3114 and all of sudden in the last 2 weeks I have had 4 of the 11 teeth shear off. Even after being welded back together they seem to break again within a day or 2. I bought this rake used last spring and used it all last year with no problems but only started using it this year about two months ago towards the tail end of my first cutting. Each arm seems to shear off in exactly the same spot and same way. I thought maybe they just wore out over time and would break but it seems like if that was the case they would all break over a few years as opposed to within a few weeks. I also thought it was possible I was running the rake too low but even with the rake barely touching the top of the grass and leaving some hay behind I still have had some arms break. Anyway anyone with more experience then me I would appreciate the thoughts and advice as the replacement arms are pretty pricey and I don't want to buy new parts if I don't know why the arms are breaking. I have attached an image of a broken arm and a good arm still on the rake (I drew a line in purple where all the arms brake at).
Motor vehicle Bumper Wood Grass Automotive exterior
Wood Fluid Hand tool Metalworking hand tool Gas

1 - 1 of 1 Posts