Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Youtube video highlights from yesterday's very nice farm retirement auction in Red Wing, MN....JD 8320 tractor sold high...JD 9560 STS combine sold high...new record auction sale price on the 2005 JD 693 corn head....Brent 674 grain cart was 3rd highest auction price I've seen...+ more:

Pete
www.machinerypete.com

·
Super Moderator
15,793 Posts
Cy must have been there running all this green stuff up.

Regards, Mike

·
Full of questionable knowledge.
5,222 Posts
I don't know much about combines and prices for them, but they seem to lose more value then the tractors. Based on what the new combines and tractors MSRP is. New simlar JD tractor MSRP for $228k or so and this one sold for $141k? Then since I don't know how to evaluate combines or really compare them the lowest priced new JD combine is $293k MSRP and this one sold for $147k?

·
Super Moderator
8,726 Posts
Cy must have been there running all this green stuff up.

Regards, Mike
LOL
Only green here is my 750 drill.

Redwing is on other side of the state about 250 miles away.They prly have pretty good crops there with the rains they got this summer.

I seen on AgTalk some consighment auctions they were taking a blood bath on couple yr old combines.

Maybe time to update my 1994 MF 8570

·
Super Moderator
15,793 Posts
I seen on AgTalk some consighment auctions they were taking a blood bath on couple yr old combines.

Maybe time to update my 1994 MF 8570
Could be....maybe even wait another year as like you have said before....this ain't gonna last forever...and one down year will be one more than some will be able to endure...could be alot more big iron come under the auction hammer.

Regards, Mike

·
Super Moderator
8,726 Posts
A guy stopped here to pick up some stuff.He had just picked up a Drago cornhead that he bought on Big Iron auction.He had been dealing on it and dealer was asking 35K.He ended up buying later at auction for 10K

1 - 6 of 6 Posts