Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking to change our current setup next season.
I want to purchase a accumulator grapple combo for my skid steer. There’s several brands - Maxilator, CID, Titian, WR long, legend, land honor, etc. we tend to have 38”- 41” long tight bales, mostly Timothy. Anyone have experience with these and can recommend a brand?
We have about 20 acres. Cutting and baling half the field at a time. Usually no more than 700 bales at once.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have a maxilator and like it. I haven't used anything else though. I got it because it does both tasks. Seems to be well constructed.

·
Registered
278 Posts
700 bales a day will be to much in my opinion to accumulate,load,unload,barn stack in a day with a combination accumulator grapple like a maxilator.....we use a rhino which is a rebranded maxilator and are happy with it but it has its volume limits

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
700 bales a day will be to much in my opinion to accumulate,load,unload,barn stack in a day with a combination accumulator grapple like a maxilator.....we use a rhino which is a rebranded maxilator and are happy with it but it has its volume limits
the field is directly behind the barn we store in before moving to the hay mound. We have 3 wagons. I was thinking of filling those then taking all the rest to the barn directly. We load to the hay mound on a different day when we can find help in the loft. My skid steer goes about 8mph so it’s not gonna be fast I’m sure. I notice the rhino is more expensive than the maxilator, any reason you chose that one?

·
Registered
278 Posts
the field is directly behind the barn we store in before moving to the hay mound. We have 3 wagons. I was thinking of filling those then taking all the rest to the barn directly. We load to the hay mound on a different day when we can find help in the loft. My skid steer goes about 8mph so it’s not gonna be fast I’m sure. I notice the rhino is more expensive than the maxilator, any reason you chose that one?
Got it for 4500 delivered from a farm show so they didn't have to haul it to the next show...so it looked to be comparable or better than the others at the farm show made them the offer and they took it 😀

1 - 7 of 7 Posts