Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Hay Master
958 Posts
When dealing with most customers you have to remember that the customer is always right, even if they're wrong. Whatever kind of hay they want, that's what you gotta have, regardless if that's what the horse(es) in question need it or not. Most hay around here is sold on looks anyway. If it's green or leafy, then it's got to be good.

Nobody that I know is doing any rebaling. I have seen a few steffen re-cutters in operation, and the end product (to me) looks terrible. Bales are heavy, straps seem to come off easily, and to most folks it looks like something is wrong - no nice smooth sides - it just looks like all stems. That said, I think that rebaling round bales seems like a good idea - since a round baler does no cutting, a proper fluffing device and a stationary small baler should make a 'normal' looking package. Again, that goes towards the buying hay by looks.

Rodney

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.