Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I just was looking for some of your opinions on what a metric tonne of high quality timothy and alfalfa should go for for a high end racehorse barn in the U.S..

Looking for a lot of hay for a bigger operation barn to import by the ton and just want to know what a ton of hay goes for for the high quality stuff.

All opinions appreciated,

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
One thing I can say looking at that , I am glad I live in Pennsylvania. The pricing is accurate And it makes me wonder why the values are a bit higher here than other places.
Michigan isn't listed for some reason :huh:, but I would say at least I'm in PA's ball park range on pricing for premium grass/alfalfa. Just sold 100 bales that tested just shy of 22% protein at $10 a bale. Bales weighted in at 64# average on the 10 that I hit the local scale house with, which would equate to about $312.50 a ton pricing. The rest of the load is still for sale at $12 a bale on a piece meal basis (this buyer got a 'volume discount'. ;)

It is sometimes amazing how much the regional differences are for certain (then you could add the possible local demographics influence).

Larry

Reactions: Hayguy12
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.