Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a Deutz 6275 tractor with a 120v radiant heater installed in the cooling duct alongside the cylinders as a cold weather starting aid. It seems to have burned out now and I need a replacement. I'm pretty sure it was installed after market and I'm wondering if anyone still makes an identical model.

We have the instructions for how to install/mount the heater but it doesn't give me much to go on. It's a "Number 14654 Radiant Heater" for Deutz Models DX160, 110, 90, and D6806. Made in Canada. It doesn't give any information about the manufacturer. Any one know anything about these and where to find a replacement? The engine model is F4L913.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
We have a Deutz 6275 tractor with a 120v radiant heater installed in the cooling duct alongside the cylinders as a cold weather starting aid. It seems to have burned out now and I need a replacement. I'm pretty sure it was installed after market and I'm wondering if anyone still makes an identical model.
We have the instructions for how to install/mount the heater but it doesn't give me much to go on. It's a "Number 14654 Radiant Heater" for Deutz Models DX160, 110, 90, and D6806. Made in Canada. It doesn't give any information about the manufacturer. Any one know anything about these and where to find a replacement? The engine model is F4L913.
What do you mean by "RadiantHeater"? I know of only block or Inline heaters. Does a radiant heats the outside of the block?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What do you mean by "RadiantHeater"? I know of only block or Inline heaters. Does a radiant heats the outside of the block?
It honestly looks like a big version of some oil pan or water heating elements. Only it uses air as a fluid instead of a liquid. Since this is air cooled the cylinders are on top of the block and have cooling fins on them. This heats the air around the outside of the cylinders so they're a little more eager to fire.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts