Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
New Holland 68 John Deere 640
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The manual for the NH68 says 14" from the end of the PTO shaft to the hitch pin. I can get 13" or 15" but would have to do something different to get 14" on my Kubota. Is this something to be concerned over?

· Registered
688 Posts
I can't fathom why any modern tractor would be non-standard. Are you measuring to the middle of the hitch pin?

If it is really as you say, experiment with both options and choose the one that keeps the drive line straightest when you turn corners.

Roger

3,042 Posts
I have seen this on most if not all brands. European and Asian standards are different from US, or at least they were. For most situations use the 13” setting. On the op’s 68 baler, either one would work since there is no chance of pulling the shaft apart or jamming the shafts together.

· Registered
New Holland 68 John Deere 640
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. measurement is from the end of the shaft to the center of the hitch pin hole. Sounds like it will work for me per Mike10's post. New to all this so experimentation without explosion is the goal!

· Registered
98 Posts
I asked this same question on this forum back on the 5/6/21. Sorry I don’t know how to attach the link but it was called square baler to tractor drawbar length. If you can search that there is some good info from others on here.

· Registered
98 Posts

This might be it, let me know if it doesn’t work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts