Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
downtownjr
1,537 Posts
MAXILATOR HAY EQUIPMENT RELEASES MEGA GRAPPLE FOR LARGE SQUARE ACCUMILATION IN THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA​

The Maxilator Mega Grapple is unique in that it will pick up a variety of sizes of Large Square Bales 3' X 3' X 8', 3' X 4' X 8' and 4' X 4' X 8'. Another unique feature is that it can pick them up in either direction for cross stacking of the bales. The Mega Grapple will accumulate and grapple two 4' X 4" X 8' bales or three 3' X 3' X 8' bales. Our 18 top mounted grapple hooks, 36 inch in length makes transporting your hay secure, fast, and decreases fuel consumption by increasing efficiency. Moving large square bales has never been so easy. The Mega Grapple can be used either left handed or right handed by simply switching the side packing arm from the left to the right side. "We helped hundreds of hay growers this year with our Elite (10 bale accumulator and grapple), now it's time to start helping those folks who handle large square bales of hay with the same efficiency and value. We've gotten requests from all over the US and Canada for a large square bale product with the same value as our Elite," stated Russell Smith, National Sales Manager.

Thanks for giving our company the opportunity to help you grow your business. Our team looks forward to hearing about your successes.

If you would like more information about how we are helping hay producers throughout the US and International, or to schedule a field test with one of our approved distributors, please contact Russell Smith 404.435.5590 or visit our website at MAXILATOR.COM.

·
Full of questionable knowledge.
5,220 Posts
That's pretty good. I think it would make loading semis easier and somewhat safer by loading them flat not 3 stacked on top of each other where they can fall while pushing across the deck. The thing I don't like is the guard on one side. That would get in the way for loading some trailers near the hitch where they have a gooseneck or something and where you can't easily go to the other side of the trailer. Like for one of our barns where the trucks have to sit it wouldn't work well.

·
Members
174 Posts
I see a few things about this that wouldn't work well for myself.

First is that guard as you mentioned Teslan, the other big thing being the way the attachment mounts to the loader..... For me to use it, I'd need to be able to "dump" my loader (roll the carrier forward) to pick up the bales flat, then curl it back to "level" to have the bales standing vertically.... something that Max Grapple won't do.

So right off the bat, I'm carrying my weight stretched out up to 9 feet in front of me, instead of 4 feet out and 9 feet high. Good for visibility, not for anything else. Less maneuverable, stable, useful, and more stress on machinery. A skid steer should be able to pick up 3 bales, spin around inside the hay shed and go out the way it came.

By having the carrier mounted the way it is, it also reduces your available lift height. So a loader lifting 15 feet (like our 7830 for example) can place 4x4 bales...... 4 high, maybe, and may or may not be able to pick them up again. Small frame tractor you're looking at maybe 12-13 feet of lift, which is about the same as most large payloaders (ie a 544J Deere), and skid steers even less. And that's maxing your loader out.

Hope you got a lot of room in your shed above your bale stack, otherwise watch them rafters!

Lots of guys with the 3x3 and 4x4 bales stack them on their sides, twine to the side. Shipping the same way. Explain how that works with this thing?

The claws on this thing run perpendicular to the flakes of the bale, which ****I would assume*** makes bale penetration more difficult, and the bales will look a little more ratty on the top.

Lastly, not being able to use it for three 3x4 bales limits the market a bit right off the bat. No way it could reach to the top (6th or 7th) row anyhow.

Looks like a great product design for the small bales, but the large squares are a different animal in my opinion.

This is where its at for me:
http://www.phiber.ca/grab1.htm

Just my opinions,
-Josh

·
Full of questionable knowledge.
5,220 Posts
You raised some good points. Josh. I don't think I could grab bales 5 high with our loader with the maxilator and I currently stack our 3x3s 5 high and only limited by the height of our buildings. Outside they are stacked 6 high. And your are right with 3 3X3s on there which can weigh up to 1000 lbs sometimes that is a lot of weight stretched out another 9 feet.

I really like that phiber attachment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.