Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from the dreary North. I've recently acquired an older NH Sickle Bar mower. Its all there and in not too bad of shape for sitting in a field for some years. However, when they parked it the rear part of the mower was in the mud and the pitman arm has rotted off. The ends are there so I can match the bolt patterns, but not sure of the length. Called three NH dealers and they've all basically said "Good Luck, we don't have those anymore." . So looking for someone who can give me a length at least. I've got the wood (black ash), tools, and know how......just need a length.

·
Full of questionable knowledge.
5,223 Posts
Hello from the dreary North. I've recently acquired an older NH Sickle Bar mower. Its all there and in not too bad of shape for sitting in a field for some years. However, when they parked it the rear part of the mower was in the mud and the pitman arm has rotted off. The ends are there so I can match the bolt patterns, but not sure of the length. Called three NH dealers and they've all basically said "Good Luck, we don't have those anymore." . So looking for someone who can give me a length at least. I've got the wood (black ash), tools, and know how......just need a length.
We have an old ford sickle mower (can't remember the number). Have a new Pitman sitting in my dad's garage. I can go measure it for you. I don't know if it's for the same one. I'm certain dad bought it at NH a few years ago. That's sad they don't carry them now.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I think that's the same as the one I have. I haven't used it in years so I forget the number but I'm pretty sure that's it. I won't be able to check it out till tomorrow. I must have a pitman for it somewhere if not on it.

·
2,562 Posts
The pitmans are on backorder. Have your dealer do a dealer parts locator for you. There are several dealers who have them is stock including a few dealers is Canada.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Teslan and Greenfields, thanks folks. I'm stuck in a Bushcamp till the end of the week but hoping to get it up and running next weekend. Believe it or not this is 1st cut..... yup, pretty crummy summer up here. Likely going to turn into bedding by the time we're done! I appreciate the measurements.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I got out to look at my mower before it got dark. It does say 44 45 46 on the plate Unfortunately the pitman isn't with it and I don't know where it is. I did some googling though and it looks like this is the part number and length part# 39164 length 33-7/16 inches.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Green Fields, Thanks a tonne, that should be perfect. Had my son do some rough figuring by moving both ends to the proper spot and he came up with 32 1/4, so we're right in the area. Mike10, I spoke with the two dealers closest to me and got the same answer as the first time. But I'll check back in a few weeks.

Thanks guys for all your help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts