Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was topping the AC off in my baling tractor and heard an odd squeak then noticed the harmonic balancer pulley was dancing quite a bit. Turns out the rubber is completely un bonded from the pulley. Once the belts were off you could rotate the outer pulley by hand.

Have already tried our places, Worthington AG may have a 2-85 that just came in for parts, haven't heard back. Parker and Sons had the wrong one, Maibach Tractor have none, All States have none currently, also tried Wengers and nope.

This is a two groove pulley with the stupid wedge lock, the engineer that came up with that bright ideal deserves to have his sack get caught in a roto rooter.

Old number is 30-3392813, updated number is 1447253M1

A three groove pulley may also work but will most likely require pulling the steering box to install, number is: 30-3366251

A neighbor has several 354's sitting around, all used the single large bolt to mount em while mine uses three small castle head bolts for the wedge lock (the stupid design)

·
They say you’re a man of vision....
3,051 Posts
Let me check with the place I worked at, we had quite a lot of salvage. No Dot4 Perkins at the time I left but I’ll check.

·
Registered
976 Posts
You already know this me thinks, but do NOT run the motor like that, it won't do the crank any good...

·
Registered
976 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Those listings shows the same part number but a MF tractor...

·
Registered
976 Posts
I'm guessing the ones I posted are the wrong ones... does your crank not have a center bolt hole, maybe you could convert to the other style ???

·
Super Moderator
11,033 Posts
I'm guessing the ones I posted are the wrong ones... does your crank not have a center bolt hole, maybe you could convert to the other style ???
Actually that last link might work, I'm sure it was Wengers I called, however might have been when I had the obsolete original White number and somebody didn't take the time there to cross to the new one…

I'll have to call them back Monday and give em all the numbers I have. Claims they have three in the link but their website says none or sold but also says to call

·
Registered
495 Posts
Look up Dale Manufacturing in Oregon they rebuild balancers. Had one done for an Allis Chalmers, I would recommend them if they do perkins.

·
Super Moderator
11,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
HBRepair or Dale Manufacturing is closed every third month of the year with this being the sixth he’s closed till July.

·
Registered
495 Posts
HBRepair or Dale Manufacturing is closed every third month of the year with this being the sixth he's closed till July.
He does work his own schedule which doesn't help a person if you need something asap, but if you can't find anything else for a reasonable price it may be your only option.

·
Super Moderator
11,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
He does work his own schedule which doesn't help a person if you need something asap, but if you can't find anything else for a reasonable price it may be your only option.
Damper Doctor in Commiefornia will do it for a couple hundred bucks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you ever find a Balancer Pulley for you perkins 354.4 ? I'm looking for one myself and I was hoping you found a source. I haven't had any luck. Mine is cracked so rebuilding is not really an option.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts