Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Hay Master
2,194 Posts
Going from -6° on Wednesday morning to the mid 60’s the next few days. S. IN weather doesn’t pay any attention to ground pigs and February is usually one of our more wilder months. I have experienced much below zero, highs in the mid 70’s, deep snow, extreme rain, record dry with dust and dirt work happening and sometimes all in the same year it seems!

·
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Going from -6° on Wednesday morning to the mid 60's the next few days. S. IN weather doesn't pay any attention to ground pigs and February is usually one of our more wilder months. I have experienced much below zero, highs in the mid 70's, deep snow, extreme rain, record dry with dust and dirt work happening and sometimes all in the same year it seems!
Yep February is like that here. We can get Deep snow in march as well . Seen a bit of snow in April here already too

·
Registered
375 Posts
According to statistics, Phil is only 39 percent accurate. So when you twist the numbers around, you get a 61 percent chance of a late spring. A better indicator is the date of Easter. Easter is late this year (April 21), and that usually means a late spring. Around here, it's rare to be in the field before Easter.

Paul

·
1,309 Posts
In North Dakota we're certain to get 6 more weeks of winter no matter what the groundhog sees. More like 12 weeks or longer.

We did get a couple of warmer days this weekend which was a nice break from the cold weather of last week. But tomorrow forecasted to get 5 to 8 inches of snow with alot of wind and then back into the deep freeze next week with nasty windchills -30 below or colder.

Watched Eric Snodgrass's forecast, sounded to me like Feb will be a cold month for us up here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.