Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading recent posts and going down to my baler and manual hoping to provide some input, I’ve come across a variance in my own machine that I’ve never noticed before. So before I can try and help others I had better get myself correct. I have attached some photos showing the route of my chains. They look very different to what’s in the manual showing pickup and knotter both being driven off the gearbox output. Is mine ok or has it been wrong since I’ve owned it? I’ve never changed chains but thinking I need to as my main drive is stretched to the point that I’ve got no adjustment lift in the tensioner. 2 chains measure to 2040 specs, each 63 links. Main drive is 2050 chain, 92 links. Thought this would be better than hijacking someone else’s post. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mike. At least my mind is at ease now considering the pictures in the manual show obviously the NA setup all driven from the gearbox. Did you just want more pictures of the baler in general or of the chain set up? And that main drive being 2050 chain is ok? The more I read the more I think it should be all 2040.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here you go Mike. Hopefully this is what you need. Yeah the main drive has the measurements of 2050 chain exactly, but as said, could’ve been wrong from when I’ve bought it. Seems to be the right match for the sprocket though as shown in picture.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts