Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 2wd NH TD80D this week as well as a new 9' hay mower that weights 1200lbs. The tractor has no loader on it and I'm wondering about carrying this mower down the road. I haven't had a chance to hook it up yet. I know this tractor is capable of pulling this mower and cutting hay ground with it. My question really is how light the front end will be without a loader. I plan on getting a loader this fall so that will help I'm sure. The lift capacity of the arms are around 5500lbs. Should I find some weights for the front till I have a loader or should it be fine. I have a neighbor that has one but his is 4wd with a loader and he pulls a 10' no problem. Thanks for any response.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks yeah I'm hoping it's ok. I read up on some details about the weight. Said when lifted off ground 36%of the loads weight is transferred to the front. Plus I plan on putting some fluid in the rear tires.

Standard shift. 12 fwd 12 reverse. Ours had only 500 hrs on it and we gave 18,500. It's in immaculate condition. 2008 model. Prices a bush-hog loader with joystick installed for 6500. Plan on putting that on this fall.

·
20 Posts
I currently run a TL90 fwa standard 12 speed but saw a TL80 2wd close by with @500 hrs guy was asking 18k. It looked pretty clean. Sounds like you got a nice deal. Disc mowers usually sit pretty tight to tractor so weight balance should work for you.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah. I'm not sure the difference between the TL's and the TD's may be years. Idk. Yeah I wanted a little bigger tractor. Closer to 100hp. We have a 100 hp John Deere too that we cut and bale with. Just needed to add another mower and rake tractor. Hope this one pans out till I get a loader installed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.