Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a NH BR7060 baler with Bale Command Console. When the alarm for bale full goes off the next thing that happens is the Bale Command Console reboots. During this time the actuator has started wrapping the net wrap and I have to clear the error and retract the net wrap arm or shut down the pto. Hooked to the battery on the tractor and no physical damage to the harness on the baler. Actually a new harness that was installed last year after the original got wrapped around the pto shaft. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
2,554 Posts
Voltage, to little or to much. The timeline is not quite right. After the alarm sounds it takes a couple of seconds for the duckbill to start to move to insert the net and then a few more seconds for the net to start. Where is the duckbill when the panel resets, all the way down or half back at the precut position?

You can check the voltage by pressing and holding the open book button,right below the on/off button, until the alarm sounds. There will be a 1 on the left side of the screen and you bale size on the right side of the screen. Press and release the open book button and 2 will now be displayed on the left side. Continue to press and release the button until 21 is displayed on the left. I do not have the book in front of me, so this number may not be right. After you reach the item number where the screen starts flashing numbers on the right, the next item should be the voltage. Voltage should be between 13 and 15 volts when the tractor is running. To high a voltage and the system shuts down,

If the voltage checks out, take a look at the connectors. The locking rings need to lock at both the tractor to baler connector and at the operators panel in the tractor. Also lightly push on the terminal and see if any can be easily pushed out of place.

·
Hay Master
4,953 Posts
SWAG #1: Because you had to replace the harness, check the connections internally for a bad or weak connection. Could be that the replacement harness has something like a loose pin that isn't seated fully or pushes out when connected, a poor crimp, or other that may be causing a voltage drop.

SWAG #2: Voltage drop occurs when the actuator activates and tries to complete insertion. If your voltage is correct like Mike suggests, then it could be that the actuator is inserting too far causing a voltage drop at the end of the insert.

Ralph

·
Hay Master (Supposedly)
3,598 Posts
Make sure every piece of metal at the harness to battery connection is shiny clean, and tight. Don’t ask how I know . . .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Voltage, to little or to much. The timeline is not quite right. After the alarm sounds it takes a couple of seconds for the duckbill to start to move to insert the net and then a few more seconds for the net to start. Where is the duckbill when the panel resets, all the way down or half back at the precut position?

You can check the voltage by pressing and holding the open book button,right below the on/off button, until the alarm sounds. There will be a 1 on the left side of the screen and you bale size on the right side of the screen. Press and release the open book button and 2 will now be displayed on the left side. Continue to press and release the button until 21 is displayed on the left. I do not have the book in front of me, so this number may not be right. After you reach the item number where the screen starts flashing numbers on the right, the next item should be the voltage. Voltage should be between 13 and 15 volts when the tractor is running. To high a voltage and the system shuts down,

If the voltage checks out, take a look at the connectors. The locking rings need to lock at both the tractor to baler connector and at the operators panel in the tractor. Also lightly push on the terminal and see if any can be easily pushed out of place.
I attempted to check voltage as you suggested. Get to #18 or #19 is as high as it goes.

·
2,554 Posts
It takes two or three pushes of the button to advance over the self check where all the numbers start flashing in the screen. It will go past.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I attempted to check the power using the bale command. Only goes up to 18 or 19 then goes to displaying numbers automatically

1 - 8 of 8 Posts