Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have two NH BC5070. One with bale skiis and the other doesn't. The one without has a problem with the right side of the bale chamber being not fed the same as the left side. The bales are not tight and the right side twine comes off sometimes. The twine is not tight. The manual says the adjust the feeding fingers, but gives no specific way to adjust the feeding fingers based on your problem. :angry: . There are nine adjustments, big whoo! I have tried it seems every way and it doesn't work. I cannot make the strings tight either. We think this has been getting worse since we cut 2 weeks ago. Both balers in the same field, same windrows, same crop and that can't be the problem. Even tried changing operators. Bale Skiis are nice but that can't be the issue. :huh:

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting, I am sure my 570 manual does say which way to adjust it depending on which side needs more hay. What section of the manual are you looking at?
I looked in several sections. I can set it like the other baler and still have a problem.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Perhaps this option (see attached PDF)?

Larry

PS lucky I brought my manual in to re-read a little today (and it's suppose to rain, so I'm not in the hay field ;)).

Attachments

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well we took the manual and checked the timing from one end to the other. All in time. I did find the plunger has some play side to side. I guess I will figure that out.

·
13 Posts
hay dog springs definitely. I had similar problem with mine. knife side on bale had more hay than other so I went to end of packer yoke n dropped it down to bottom hole.. seems good now but loose bales are sure sign hays dog springs are broken or hay dogs are gaulded up. they're right in front of knotters top n bottom of bale chamber

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hay dog springs definitely. I had similar problem with mine. knife side on bale had more hay than other so I went to end of packer yoke n dropped it down to bottom hole.. seems good now but loose bales are sure sign hays dog springs are broken or hay dogs are gaulded up. they're right in front of knotters top n bottom of bale chamber
Haydogs and haydog springs are good. Will double check again with the other baler because some of those are new.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Adjusted the plunger and much of the problems left. I still need to replace the knives but was satisfied with the performance. Contrary to the book we adjusted the side doors to make the bale square.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts