Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

In this season of baling with New Holland 366 baler, i made about 600 bales. But i figuire out, sometimes i have diffrent length of bale. Last season i already cleaned metric wheel and it is in good condition. I know, when i saw, the trip arm is in very bed condition, the sprocket looks worn. BUt i asked our mareket shop with New Holland Spare parts and they said this trip arm is not for sale. I know, it's the same shape as NH 265 have.
On ebay i found trip arm, but its diffrent shape. Could i use it on my baler - this shape: New Holland / Case IH: TRIP ARM, Part # 706568

Is possible to buy it anywhere in Europe? Anybody know where? Thanks for help.

Best regards from Slovenia,

Janez

Attachments

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Janez
Sorry I can't help you concerning parts interchanging ability. If soil is rough one can lower air pressure in LH tire to help act as cushion so measuring arm won't slip on measuring wheel as easily.

·
Registered
532 Posts
If the new arm is not exactly the same as the old arm, maybe you could cut them and weld them to make an arm that will work.

Roger

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know for those solution. I attach the picture, where you can see worn sprocket....

Is possible to buy it anywhere in Europe?

Best regards

·
Registered
5,476 Posts
You may be able to increase the depth of the lines on the arm with a tool, but for the wheel/sprocket it may be hard to reach, looks like they are both almost smooth.
They were very smooth from the factory prior to the much bigger teeth on the 575. These could still be worn beyond that though.

I agree with bool and would be adapting an arm and wheel from a 575 to fit the 366. Changing the length (if necessary) would be easily accomplished by even the most amateur welder.

·
Registered
532 Posts
International balers had a rubber ring instead of a "sprocket". I had one break once: lots of extremely short bales! My instant repair was a slice of rubber hose.

Regarding the NH baler in question, I wonder if the spring pressure on the assembly is correct.Moving the metering wheel assembly to increase the spring pressure on the arm gives more positive engagement of the "sprocket" but would change the position of the trip pawl. Well, it does on the International balers I am familiar with.

Roger

·
Hay Master
1,226 Posts
A few things to try before you start replacing parts:
1. Are your hay flakes consistent? Most operators try to bale with 13-15 strokes per bale. Controlling ground speed to compensate for inconsistent windrows is one way to have consistent bale size.

2. Have you checked your hay dogs. Broken springs / missing hay dogs allow the hay to "bounce back" and creates havoc with your metering wheels.

3. Lastly, your most of these NH metering arms and wheels have serrations, much like the ridges on the edge of a quarter. You can try dressing these up with a triangular or needle file to improve the friction between the two and reduce slippage.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello RockmartGA, thanks for your suggestions and i think, yes, the baler works fine, i can get 5 smaller bales (on around 100 bales).
But, that's ok. Like you wrote, when i didn't found spare parts near me, i will make this channels bigger with diamond file to improve friction and reduce slippage.

Thanks all for answers
Best regards
Janez

1 - 9 of 9 Posts