Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I have lurked on this site for some time but this is my first post. I have a NH br 7070. When building the bale, the bale alarm does not sound when bale complete, regardless of the size I set it to. It fills to overload point if i do not manually stop it and engage the auto wrapping. ( I have the basic bale monitor not the bale command plus). It should sense the bale size automatically and engage the autowrap when the bale alarm sounds. Problem no alarm and no autowrap cycle initiation. Is there a bale size sensor that i am not aware of that needs checking?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mike I opened the download this morning. I will double check pulley for material. Trip rod and cam are in proper position. problem occurs no matter bail size and trip rod returns to start position after manually tripping the autowrap. might need to mention it is a twine wrap.

·
2,826 Posts
The alarm does not tell you when the bale reaches the set size, the alarm sounds when the auto wrap trips and starts the tying cycle. You might think that is a distinction with no difference, but the system may be tying and you do not know it because you are waiting for the alarm which is probably not working. If the alarm was working you would hear it when you manually trip the auto wrap.

The alarm switch is at the bottom of the center vertical shaft in the area of the bale counter linkage. There are two wires going to the swicth, with the system turned on, jump across the two wires and the alarm should sound.

In the pinned thread at the top of the haytalk machinery forum, I have a post on round balers wiring diagrams. There is one for BR autowrap balers.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for checking in Mike. Already checked alarm switch and works correctly. I understand what you mean about the alarm sounding when the auto wrap initiates. Also alarm does sound when I manually start auto wrap, (depress bar on front of baler). The bar(manual trip) is noticably harder to depress than my 740 new holland baler that is very similar. I read in your posting that this could cause it not to be able to start auto wrapping. I am not sure how to evaluated or fix this, if it is the issue?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mike, after reading and studying your material on "repeat tripping of auto wrap" (I know my problem is the opposite of "repeat"", I believe my problem is that the "slide plate" is not tripping the pivot plate. My best guess is that it has to due with the excessive pressure it takes to manually trip the bar (as you warned in your article). I also cleaned and checked the idler pulley, but it did not seam too bad, Again, thanks for your willingness to help me.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Mike helped me a lot with this. But mine would re trip several times before stopping due to the lever on the trip slide plate as you see in pics not overlapping the white roller enough. So here's a few pics of why mine retripped. You can see how much it was barely hitting roller. Maybe I'm thinking yours may be overlapping to much.

Attachments

·
2,826 Posts
You can feel or take a mirror to see how much overlap there is on the white roller. As the bale gets larger the top slide plate moves forward until it contacts the cam. The cam is fixed to a shaft so once the top slide plate contacts the cam, the cam rotates. As the cam rotates it pulls the side plate up until the white roller, from the rotation, can no longer be held by the side plate.

You can either remove the side slide plate and bend the plate outward some, reinstall and check how much overlap you have. I try for about half the roller being covered by the short leg of the side plate. Another way, if the side slide plate is not bent inward, would be to trip the autowrap and rotate the pulley so the cam is out of the way and then take a grinder and remove some of the short leg of the side slide plate.

If you get it rigth, it will not take much effort to manually trip the autowrap.

When it fails to trip the autowrap is the top slide plate with the rod on the end against the back of the cam?

·
2,826 Posts
The only other thing I can think of is if someone tightened the springs on the knife rods completely down so there is no give.

If you still cannot find the problem, them you will need to post some photos of everything on the side especially the clutch dog that contacts the side slide plate to declutch the drive.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank both you guys for the help I will be working on your suggestions tomorrow. I will keep you informed! I feel like we are close to getting this figured out. Tim.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think we have it fixed!!! I checked roller, definitely not much showing as suspected. Used a washer on forward bolt to push the slide plate out a little. I have been saving a little hay to fix this issue. Made 1 bale this afternoon, everything went perfectly!! Will bale the rest tomorrow. Thank you guys so much. Can't tell you how good it feels to fix this issue!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.