Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Priced a new 100 hp Kabota cab tractor. 1000 bucks per hp. Is it just me or are the prices out of reason?

·
Hay Master (Supposedly)
3,713 Posts
Its a bad time to try to buy a tractor. Too much demand, insufficient supply. New or used.

·
Registered
17 Posts
At the fair this week the Kubota dealer had exactly one tractor over 100 HP. They also had a cash and financed price, which I'd never seen a difference on before.

·
Registered
76 Posts
WOW! Man have things changed since I bought my tractors; one in 2019 and one in 2020. I guess its the same as trying to buy a pickup in this market...or a house.

·
Super Moderator
15,793 Posts
I am no longer going to bale my upland hills as I have decided to cut back on my baling time so I priced a 2022 15 foot rotary cutter with some nice options yesterday at my local JD dealership. I looked at the mid-series. List price was $31,000. Yikes! They will take between 15-20% off the list.

Regards, Mike

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I am no longer going to bale my upland hills as I have decided to cut back on my baling time so I priced a 2022 15 foot rotary cutter with some nice options yesterday at my local JD dealership. I looked at the mid-series. List price was $31,000. Yikes! They will take between 15-20% off the list.

Regards, Mike
We are looking at a 15ft batwing - 1,000 PTO - Titan is high on the list.

Also considering a semi-mount 10ft which would be 540 pto and would fit our other tractors.

·
5,741 Posts
I haven’t priced new but the price of used has been climbing steeply in our area.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I bought a 15' titan in fall of 2019 it was $13000 for the heaviest one they built with all the options. I saw the salesman I bought it from a few weeks ago, told him how much I liked it and had only gotten to run it around 20 hours or so. He called me a day or so later and offered me 15 grand in cash they must be selling like hot cakes.
We are looking at a 15ft batwing - 1,000 PTO - Titan is high on the list.

Also considering a semi-mount 10ft which would be 540 pto and would fit our other tractors.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Costs trickle down to those with the funds to pay for services. Until people run out of money, costs will keep soaring.

I think the goal is everyone going broke.

·
43 Posts
I bought a new Kubota 125 once and thought it was a great deal over a used JD of the same size. 1300hrs into it now. Biggest mistake I've ever made purchasing equipment.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts