Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Hay Master (Supposedly)
3,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Last night I had the ferrous dust induced net wrap error (net won’t stop wrapping when this happens) and had the presence of mind to note the error codes that occur. First code the comes up is 600.03 (the net started while baling), which is immediately replaced by 600.07 (the duckbill is not home). What is happening is that the net cycle starts normally following the full bale alarm, but the duckbill home position sensor is not “seeing” the duckbill leave the home position. The duckbill will remain in the insert position when this error occurs. The 600.03 error is illogical as the net did start following a legit net wrap initiation. Apparently NH didn’t give the software enough “brains” to better diagnose this fault. When this error occurs, first clean the dust spot off the duckbill home position sensor. Then manually return the duckbill to the home position using the Wrap up button. Then engage the tractor PTO and increase the engine speed to something like half throttle or more. The net will continue to apply. Use the Knife up button on the operator’s panel to manually cut the net, then use the Knife down button to return the knife to home position or you will get a knife error.

The cause of this problem is ferrous dust from local soils accumulating on the magnetic portion of the sensors to the point that they give a false signal to the controller. This can happen to the duckbill home position sensor, the net roll sensor, the knife home position sensor, and the tailgate closed sensor. The first two have given us trouble that I know of. Easy to correct the problem, just wipe that spot of dust off the sensor.

As mentioned above, we have also had a net not stopping problem because of ferrous dust on the net counter. I don’t recall if there even was a fault code with that as the controller simply thinks it hasn’t applied enough net yet.

Pictured below is the duckbill home position sensor with enough ferrous dust attracted to it to cause a false signal.

Automotive lighting Sky Water Audio equipment Gas

Reactions: Vol

·
Hay Master (Supposedly)
3,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Automotive tire Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Font Gas

1 - 2 of 2 Posts