Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From notes on the forum you seem to be the go to guy,, Mike 10
The old newholland 65 I bought supposedly came out of the field baling, lets just say they were not very honest. Do you know anywhere to get parts for this old of a unit, trip lever is missing, we tried test running to make sure everything else was in order and broke sheer bolts in two different locations,, any help would be appreciated

On the vemeer 555xl im needing the procedure to recharge hydraulic density on the baler, seen alot of talk about it, but nothing spelt out,, and I've always been on the manual end of this so trying to learn a bunch

I also have a hayliner 477 that worked ok awful lot of rattling,, but I have found bearings etc for it and hope to rebuild it in-between cuts this season
Anything you can help with is much appreciated

·
Registered
452 Posts
It should be similar to my 504 density system. May not be identical but hopefully you will get the gist of it.

Connect the baler to your tractor. Not necessary but smart and safe.
Trace the lines and plumb into the system so that you can connect the tractor hydraulics directly to the cylinders, removing everything else from the circuit. Not very difficult but will require a few fittings (M6 I think) and you may want to add two Tee's to make it easier if you ever need to do it again.
Disconnect the two density cylinders and position them so that the rods can move freely.
Fully cycle the cylinders (full stroke) 10-12 times.
Reconnect the system and set your desired pressure.

On my 504 the pressure adjustment valve had stuck and would not adjust. May be time ahead to test it first along with the gauge. Ask me how I know.
I had to rebuild my cylinders because they were bypassing and loosing pressure. Made huge difference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts