Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the hay field for the first time today with a new to me NH 688 baler. It has the Bale Command monitor. The baler starts the wrap when it should, it just does not cut the wrap. It doesn't even appear to try to cut the net. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should look for to try to solve this problem?

·
2,837 Posts
Click on my pinned post at the top of the machiner forum. My NH Repair etc. Scroll down to the net not cutting section and choose the 600 update link.

It probably is not in the post, but be sure the yellow safety latch in not inserted in the top of the knife frame.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The knife seems to be dropping. I am using Pritchard wrap and threading as indicated for the White Wrap. I wish there were step by step pictures of how to load the net wrap so I am sure it is on right. But, everything seems to be working right except for the cutting.

i have read through the pinned post and will check a few things from it tomorrow.

Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had this problem last year. At the beginning of the roll it would only miss once every so often, towards the end of the roll it would miss every bale. Adjusted knife and still had problem. come to find out i had routed the net over the bar instead of under it when i loaded that roll in. loaded new roll in the correct way and have not had a single problem since.

·
Hay Master
5,040 Posts
I bought 3 rolls this spring of NH wrap. First roll, no problem. Second roll, would not cut 9 out of 10 bales. Switched to a partial leftover roll from past year, no problem. Third roll, no problem.

Something about that second roll was different in that it would not cut. The main thing I noticed was that the cardboard core was smaller--I had a very hard time getting it on and off the roller bar.

The second roll is going back to the NH dealer. When I bought the 3 rolls, they said if I had a problem, bring it back and they would give me a replacement roll. I suspect that maybe they knew something.

Ralph

·
2,837 Posts
It is not that they knew something, but like everything else man made issues can arise and if anyone has been in business any length of time they expect anything.

If the roll was that tight i am surprised the net would even start.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts