Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having a problem with getting the baler adjusted so it creates a consistent 4'x5' bale. The baler wraps the bale at about 4'3" almost every time no matter how it is set and the about one in 20 bales won't wrap at all and I have to catch it before the bale gets too big and wrap it manually. It has had this problem since I purchased it. I've been through the manual several times going over all the adjustment procedures, operating instructions, and have searched these posts looking for a solution but have been unable to come up with a fix. The baler is in great shape with light use, is properly lubricated, and is stored inside a dry shop. Any ideas?

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have a 648 so I'm thinking very similar and never had that problem so not much help but Mike 10 has a pinned thread at the top of the page that has a section on autowrap that might help you.

·
2,826 Posts
Go to the top of the forum and click on My NH Repair etc. Go to the first post and scroll down the list until you get to the auto wrap section.

Bale size can be hard to determine by simply measuring. Usually you measure the side of the bale, but you also need to consider that most bale have more hay in the center of the bale and are thus the bale is bigger in diameter in the middle of the bale. Hit the top of the bale from one side to the other and you will probably find the bale is harder in the center.

Another thing to consider is the belts may have been shortened to a point you can not make a full size bale.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts