Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My new holland 461 has started throwing the reel chain less than 100 yards into field. Can someone post pic of how the tensioner is supposed to look. Don't think the hose clamp on the bolt was factory. Also how tight should it be. Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. That's the picture in the manual I have. It's slightly different from mine. It looks like tensioner is pushing to the back instead of pulling forward.

·
2,837 Posts
The way I read the instructions is you measure the spring before the spring is stretched and then pull the spring link forward until the spring is 1 1/2" longer than it had been. The idler, in my opinion, is in the right position which is the slack side of the chain.

With spring tension on the chain, try and lift the chain off the top of the sprocket. If you can lift the chain off the top of the sprocket, then the chain is probably worn out.

If possible run a string or straight edge down over the sprockets and idler to check alignment of the sprockets and idler.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So mine was pulling on the more forward section of chain. Pulling forward. That setup makes more sense. Will try that and the tension advise tomorrow and see if that helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts