Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recent upgrade from 275 NH baler. So after some repairs and reworks have what seems to be a reasonably workable unit. Upgrade in speed and volume capabilities. However it is throwing a random loose bale mostly without twine tie. Out of a wagon sometimes as many as 6-8 left on the floor loose. Certainly irritating after 10 or so wagons! What am I missing, should I be thinking tensioner, thrower speed or…? Any suggestions would be helpful. Hay’s in the barn but may not always have the young help I had on this go around. Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
“Without twine tie”? Going to need to be more specific.
Sorry, as I’m being told now, apparently they pulled all twine from loose hay before kicking it back on the field. Twine was knotted and intact, full loop, with no belt burns, mixed in the loose hay. My person said it was almost like being a flake short of all other bales in the wagon, that were intact. There were a few bales that didn’t shed its twine leaving the thrower. The people stacking said they weren’t the consistent density, as the majority the bales.

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
If bales are crooked enough they won’t survive landing in a heap. Bales can also pop one knot when landing (or even both at once if you’re having an unlucky day) but if all of the found strings are still tied then I would blame it on poor bales for sure.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your input, at least with a starting point I can begin to eliminate some other potential problems. I’m sure part of it is the learning curve, different machine, with old habits of operation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts