Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anything that can be planted after eraser max has been applied??????
I need a rescue crop in a bad way.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I’d probably plant something cheap like rye or oats depending where you are located makes some good quality hay. It’s a mix of glyphosate and Imazapyr. Once glyphosate hits the ground it’s done because it’s ionic (salt) and just breaks apart. Imazapyr has a 10day half life from one source and another source says 1-5months, so based on that the percentage of it in erase max is very low so 2-3wks should be enough, but it’s not a salt it’s an acid so soil has a big role to play in how long this stuff will degrade. Also depends how heavy you sprayed. Lots of factors that can come into play but I would attempt to plant in 2-3wks.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I’d probably plant something cheap like rye or oats depending where you are located makes some good quality hay. It’s a mix of glyphosate and Imazapyr. Once glyphosate hits the ground it’s done because it’s ionic (salt) and just breaks apart. Imazapyr has a 10day half life from one source and another source says 1-5months, so based on that the percentage of it in erase max is very low so 2-3wks should be enough, but it’s not a salt it’s an acid so soil has a big role to play in how long this stuff will degrade. Also depends how heavy you sprayed. Lots of factors that can come into play but I would attempt to plant in 2-3wks.
Also imazapyr latency is affected by soil ph..and moisture (rain)....so its really hard to know how long it's viable....but I would do what your recommending ...its a calculated risk

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
It's just the opposite for glyphosate. It binds tightly to soil and is rapidly degraded by soil microbes. This can take anywhere from several days to months.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts