Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have bought a Massey Ferguson 2946a Round Baler. I have the operators manual.

I am looking for :

1) better user documentation, easier to follow and understand, and hopefully less than 60 pages of instruction to learn operation of the machine.

2) shop manual, free would be awesome but I have not found anything free yet. Any suggestions of sources for good manuals (especially shop manual )?

Thank You

·
Registered
62 Posts
What are you needing help with? I just picked up a 2846A this spring and it is very easy to use. Most of the manual that your probably looking at is troubleshooting. Honestly after thumbing through the book I just went out and powered it up. Once you scroll around a little to check out the different screens its pretty basic. Really you power it up and set net or twine, then select auto or manual, then bale size, then number of wraps of net or twine. Next step is bale hay and relax. Take a drink and make another one, Its that easy. I like to run my net in auto and tailgate/kicker in manual. This way if your on a hill it wont dump the bale until you hit the button either on the monitor or I have the auto cycle switch added to mine. As for a manual your gonna have to keep an eye on ebay or call a dealer.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have a 2946 (Not the A model). It's simple to run. It just has the most modern monitor out of all of the brands and takes a little playing with to find the functions you need, but it isn't difficult at all. Pretty sure you're gonna need to buy the repair manual if you want it. The owner's manual gives you all of the maintenance to perform in step by step instructions that are easily followed. The monitor will alarm 1 hr prior to scheduled maintenance, for all maintenance intervals. After you perform the maintenance, follow the directions in the manual to reset the timers. That's one of the features I love about the baler... you can't forget anything with those timers running.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.