Hay & Forage Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help guys .I just got a 1744 Massey Ferguson baler from a guy to try out and make a offer on It was sitting out for a few years It only has 1600 bales or so on it Everything seams to work so far I just cant figure out how the string attaches itself to the bale and how it is cut off after wards I also cannot seam to locate a owners manual

Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
391 Posts
I need some help guys .I just got a 1744 Massey Ferguson baler from a guy to try out and make a offer on It was sitting out for a few years It only has 1600 bales or so on it Everything seams to work so far I just cant figure out how the string attaches itself to the bale and how it is cut off after wards I also cannot seam to locate a owners manual

Any help would be appreciated
I don't have any of my usual resources available to look into how it cuts, but generally on a round baler the twine is just placed near the throat of the baler and the bale will snag it. If the twine isn't getting caught, one thing to look into is the twine tension and whether or not you can coax more twine to hang from the twine arm after it gets cut off.

When all else fails, feed a little hay into the baler when the tie cycle starts and the material should pull the twine in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.